FD horizontal line wrong at Takeoff

petermaxkoller

Hi 
Very happy with the CRJ 700. Running version 1.0.4.

The flight director horizontal line during taxing I think shows correct (pic 1)

The flight director horizontal line during takeoff (after vR)) I think is not correct (pic 2).

Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

Peter

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Before takeoff, are you hitting the hidden screw (upper left on Nav/FD/Autopilot panel) so you get the two "TO" messages? Hitting the TOGA button on the thrust levers in the cockpit does this too. See The Dude's video on this here: Episode 07: Taxi Out and Taking Off! - Come fly with me, by The Dude - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES . The relevant explanation starts at about 17'30".

Hi Peter, 

Unfortunately you are doing something wrong. But it's an easy fix.

The issue is because your vertical mode is set to PTCH. During the take off the vertical mode should be TO (take off). You can set this mode by pressing the TO/GA buttons on the thrust levers. If done correctly you'll see "TO/TO" in the FMA and the FD bars will show approximately 12° up.

What's happening in this case is that since you're in PTCH mode, the flight director is trying to guide you to maintain the pitch that the plane was at when PTCH mode was engaged (which since it happened on the ground would be 0°). 

Your other option in this case is to simply select another vertical mode after the take off. The standard mode we use is Speed mode (SPD). Once you select SPD mode the FMA will show "CLB XXX" and the FD command bars will pitch up to the appropriate pitch attitude to maintain whatever speed you were at when you pressed SPD.

Archived