I have the new update, autopilot unresponsive in APP mode.

I am not having good luck after the update with the new autopilot.  Engaging climb mode the autopilot does not attempt to pitch to maintain the selected or current speed. It flies by the selected altitude and keeps climbing.  Then on an ILS it does seem to capture the LOC and automatically switches from FMS to LOC mode while the needles and everything turn green after both the LOC and GS are captured.  The autopilot doesn't attempt to follow the GS even though its showing captured on the PFD along with the LOC.  I've tried coming in below and above to capture the GS and no luck.  I've also tried deleting and redownloading the CRJ in the marketplace then after reinstalling and using the CRJ I've tried to reset the airplane by deleting all the "m" files and still not having any luck with the autopilot.

I just flew Orlando Exec to Miami Exec... cause my 550 only has private livery now ;)....  Anyway...  It all worked ... Speed climb 250 to 10K... 290 to 24K... did not go higher :)...

Did the ILS 9R and was level at 2K to capture the GS... So once I was down and level at 2K I pressed the APPROACH MODE button and it grabbed and when all the way down on rails!! it was great!!

You should not be able to capture from above.. So I would not try that...

Maybe try recording a flight and share the segments of climb where you are having issues?

26 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Actually you should absolutely be able to capture from above. It happens somewhat regularly. ATC keeps you high or improper vertical path management from the crew. We have procedures for how to do it correctly. Ideally we'd always capture it from below but it's not always possible.

52 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

I just flew Orlando Exec to Miami Exec... cause my 550 only has private livery now ;)....  Anyway...  It all worked ... Speed climb 250 to 10K... 290 to 24K... did not go higher :)...

Did the ILS 9R and was level at 2K to capture the GS... So once I was down and level at 2K I pressed the APPROACH MODE button and it grabbed and when all the way down on rails!! it was great!!

Maybe try recording a flight and share the segments of climb where you are having issues?

Ok great, yeah I’m not sure why I’m having issues.  I’ve tried restarting my computer as well.

58 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

Actually you should absolutely be able to capture from above. It happens somewhat regularly. ATC keeps you high or improper vertical path management from the crew. We have procedures for how to do it correctly. Ideally we'd always capture it from below but it's not always possible.

I will ask at my next IPC if he will pass me if I try to capture from above.. :) 

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

I will ask at my next IPC if he will pass me if I try to capture from above.. :) 

Why wouldn't they? There is nothing that says intercepting a glideslope from above means an automatic failure. We literally practice this in the sim. It's part of the training syllabus. Just don't bust any altitudes, maintain a stabilized decent, and there's really nothing you can be faulted for.

Archived