Beautiful plane, two annoying problems (throttle and landing gear).

Hi, after following the manuals and the tutorial, especially the one on correct throttle calibration, I did a couple of flights with the CRJ 700.

Great plane, congratulations to Aerosoft. Two small and annoying problems.

1. During level flight, sometimes (without touching anything) the throttle moves by itself to the idle position. It happened three times in an hour. Why?
  2. Also during the flight, the landing gear also opens by itself (also in this case without touching anything). It happened twice in an hour.

My hotas is Logitech's X56.

Can anyone help me solve these problems?

Thank you.

Ghost inputs, I had the same as well.

happens when is not enough power supplied vis usb to the controller as far I got.

be sure to have the joystick connected directly to the pc and on a usb 3.0, sso check if bios is updated as well (in my case the latest was some fixing about power management of USB ports)

12 hours ago, Andrea P. said:

Ghost inputs, I had the same as well.

happens when is not enough power supplied vis usb to the controller as far I got.

be sure to have the joystick connected directly to the pc and on a usb 3.0, sso check if bios is updated as well (in my case the latest was some fixing about power management of USB ports)

I don't think stating needs to be on a USB 3.0 port is valid since the x56 (and basically every Logitech controller) is a USB 2.0 device....  Not all 2.0 devices play well with 3.0...  However your suggestion about checking on Power is very important.  Most USB Hubs come with low power PSUs that don't provide enough current if you populate every port.

Thank you @Andrea P. and @LesOReilly for the answers, but I am quite surprised. I have owned the Logitech X56 for about a year and have never had any problems, not even with my old computer. Now I have a brand new and very powerful one, with an excellent motherboard (Asus PRIME Z490-A) and a very good power supply (Corsair RM850x), is it possible that the USB power supplies are so poor? Only with the CRJ?

5 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Thank you @Andrea P. and @LesOReilly for the answers, but I am quite surprised. I have owned the Logitech X56 for about a year and have never had any problems, not even with my old computer. Now I have a brand new and very powerful one, with an excellent motherboard (Asus PRIME Z490-A) and a very good power supply (Corsair RM850x), is it possible that the USB power supplies are so poor? Only with the CRJ?

In device manager make sure that you do not have Power Management Enabled for those devices.....  That will allow Windows to put the device to sleep...

14 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Check that all controllers and hubs and devices don't have that box checked...

I checked, in fact all controllers and hubs and devices had that box checked. I removed the check mark from all of them.

Thank you.

Exactly about the power management. Accurate guide from @LesOReilly

About the usage of a USB3.0 even if is a USB2.0 was one of the "tips" I read some time ago given by Logitech support to ensure they receive enough "power supply" (this was told to me by them, I raise my hands haha)

Regarding the CRJ...seems to be but is not related. I had same issue after some "hours" of flight even with a DA62 within MSFS.
Other stuff is the fact that those "ghosts" input were never received/catched before by P3D, instead MSFS looks like to suffer a lot (or better it uses whatever inputs receives).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hello Andrea,

I doubt there is a real power issue in your case, but I would try to connect 

your X56 to an externally powered hub, so that if, for some reasons,  your X56 is pumping

more current than it should, it will load the hub, not the computer power supply.

Best regards. 

Archived