Mismatch on TOD distance/ETA

I usually enable the VNAV display on my MFD and I've noticed the TOD distance and ETA doesn't line up with what is displayed if I click the MFD DATA button (which shows the correct information). In particular, I believe I've seen the time estimate as 0:00 on several occasions before it should. I wish I had taken screenshots a bit earlier so the difference is more pronounced, but here you can see I'm 8.5nm away (more than a minutes at my current speed) while the map view shows TOD at 0:00/22nm.

Correct:

Please login to display this image.

Incorrect:

Please login to display this image.

This is a known bug which has not yet been addressed - unfortunately not every bug in our tracking system was able to be fixed for this latest update to avoid delaying it further. I have seen exactly the same thing while test flying - “the time to go” to the TOD on the MFD VNAV display reaches zero too soon, and when that happens, the “distance to go” stops counting down.

I would expect this to be included in the next update. 

3 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

This is a known bug which has not yet been addressed - unfortunately not every bug in our tracking system was able to be fixed for this latest update to avoid delaying it further. I have seen exactly the same thing while test flying - “the time to go” to the TOD on the MFD VNAV display reaches zero too soon, and when that happens, the “distance to go” stops counting down.

I would expect this to be included in the next update. 

Excellent -- I'm happy to hear this.

On a side note, I wish there was a visible list of reported bugs and their status (under investigation, fixed, pending release, not an issue, etc.). I find the way that Asobo does this is much easier to follow than the practice here of just saying the team is aware of it and then usually locking threads.

Archived