EDDF installs but does not appear in sim p3dv5

JonSig

I'm trying to install EDDF into p3dv5. The install sequence occurs but in spite of trying a bunch of different install file locations it never appears. I have a custom file location for p3dv5 at D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin

I'm probably making a beginner mistake here, but can anyone direct me to the right file location?

Thanks in advance

Jon S.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The files are stored at the location you specified in the installer dialog.

You shouldn’t install the airport addon into the main P3Dv5 simulator folders.

Chosse something different outside the sim folders.

Normally it should be registered by itself during install.

You can run afterwards the configurator and check the registration status.

During while process the sim should be not running.

At first í did install outside the simulator, as I do with most of my add ons. I even tried 2 different places outside before trying to make things happen manually. The installation goes on without a hitch, registration succesfull and it looks like everything worked, but alas, the airport does not appear. I'm actively trying to figure this out. I have been simming a long time and things will prob work out but right not I have no clue. 

Please login to display this image.

Of course you know it´s not going to load because p3d doesn´t load any new scenery when it opens. Im probably making some very basic mistake here that´s just waiting to be exposed but I still can´t figure this one out.

• Developer

Did the config tool opens after the Installer finished the copy process?

Is the a EDDFConfigV5 Exe in the Main Folder D:/aerosoft/Mega Airport Fra…..

If so, start it.

If not, check your Virus protection if it maybe set it into quarantaine.

This Tool will register the Addon to P3D.

I see now that windows malware detected win32/wacapew.c!ml and blocked it connecting it to EDDFConfigV5.exe. Should I unblock it, is it neccessary for the setup?

Regards

Jon.

It was the antivirus, strange that I didn´t see any notification whatsoever that it was blocking/quarantining these files. Now everything works as it should, thanks for the help.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived