Jump to content

Strobes not working?


Recommended Posts

Evening,

      Just got home today and had a chance to do the update. All seems to be working well; however, I noticed my strobes are no longer working. All of the other lights appear to be fine except the strobes. I've attached a video I captured (sorry for the poor quality) below as a streamable link. Let me know if I'm missing something here. I also disabled my strobes button on my alpha/bravo without any success. Thanks for the help!

 

https://streamable.com/xg6tlu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is this a version bought on the Marketplace? And when was it bought?

Sorry for the delay. I’m a career firefighter and on shift. I’ll be home this evening and I’ll check all of these things for you. I purchased this online through the aerosoft store and did the update through the desktop client. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Also check if the LIGHT_ASCRJ_Strobe.fx, dated 29th April 2021 is in the aerosoft-crj\effects folder.

Was able to remote into my computer. My strobe file is labeled differently. The date also doesn’t seem to match but I checked the main folder and it shows others that were updated on 5/29.

1D69FE1C-A0DE-4E1F-A6ED-C5D271171F1F.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Also check if the LIGHT_ASCRJ_Strobe.fx, dated 29th April 2021 is in the aerosoft-crj\effects folder.

Just to show that it was updated.l the other day if it helps.

32328175-FBAD-47E7-BDF3-ADADC442822F.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

Interesting. Keirtt, your strobe file is called ...StrobeDouble... with older dates and 3 KB in size and mine is ...Strobe... with newer dates and 2 KB. It does help that you included the ASUpdater shot.

 

I got mine from the Aerosoft Store, deleted the old version through Control Panel/Programs and Features, then updated to 1.0.3 with the full download followed by updating to 1.0.4 through the ASU. Is that how you updated?

Untitled1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Interesting. Keirtt, your strobe file is called ...StrobeDouble... with older dates and 3 KB in size and mine is ...Strobe... with newer dates and 2 KB. It does help that you included the ASUpdater shot.

 

I got mine from the Aerosoft Store, deleted the old version through Control Panel/Programs and Features, then updated to 1.0.3 with the full download followed by updating to 1.0.4 through the ASU. Is that how you updated?

Untitled1.jpg

I opened the updater and it said an update was available. I applied the update but didn’t uninstall or remove anything first. My plan this evening when I get home is to completely uninstall and reinstall to see if that corrects it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for your help in running this down. If I understand you correctly, it looks like your 1.0.4 update skipped looking for 1.0.3 first and instead simply added the few 1.0.4 files to 1.0.2. It should have directed you to first download and install 1.0.3.

 

Looking forward to seeing if the R&R does the trick. Don't forget you'll need to go to your shop page and download then install the full version of 1.0.3 (AS_AIRCRAFT-CRJ-550-700_MSFS_V1030.zip (720 MB)). And of course, remove the previous version through the Control Panel applet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Thanks for your help in running this down. If I understand you correctly, it looks like your 1.0.4 update skipped looking for 1.0.3 first and instead simply added the few 1.0.4 files to 1.0.2. It should have directed you to first download and install 1.0.3.

 

Looking forward to seeing if the R&R does the trick. Don't forget you'll need to go to your shop page and download then install the full version of 1.0.3 (AS_AIRCRAFT-CRJ-550-700_MSFS_V1030.zip (720 MB)). And of course, remove the previous version through the Control Panel applet.

Reinstall seemed to fix the issues. Anyway I can verify that 1.0.4 is actually installed other than the update app? Glad the strobes are fixed now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

One way, but probably not the only one, is to look in [wherever your MFS is installed]\Community\aerosoft-crj\Data where you'll find a product.cfg and readme.txt file. Open the .cfg file with Notepad or the .txt file with any text reader and you'll see the installed version reported. All my files in that folder have 5/28/2021 dates. Yours may have that date or the date (today at the moment) you installed them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2021 at 4:07 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We are investigating this. Could be the last simupdate changed some things.

Not sure if you saw but the solution for me was a reinstall. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...