Parking Brake

pilota57

Sorry,

Today I do a quick test after 1.0.3 and 1.04 updates.

I try to start a new quick fly following the check list as usually.

All ok until to move the plane for taxi:

Parking brake release does not function;

Chokes removed, pumps activated but nothing to do. The parking brake lever does not move. The message in MFD blinks for half second but brakes are ON.

All the rest seems ok.

Tomorrow I will try again.

If you have suggestions I appreciate.

Bye

11 hours ago, pilota57 said:

Sorry,

Today I do a quick test after 1.0.3 and 1.04 updates.

I try to start a new quick fly following the check list as usually.

All ok until to move the plane for taxi:

Parking brake release does not function;

Chokes removed, pumps activated but nothing to do. The parking brake lever does not move. The message in MFD blinks for half second but brakes are ON.

All the rest seems ok.

Tomorrow I will try again.

If you have suggestions I appreciate.

Bye

Go to the EFB “Aircraft” menu and remove the wheel chocks.

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

Go to the EFB “Aircraft” menu and remove the wheel chocks.

Hi

If You read my post I wrote that the chokes are removed. And also checked visually. The lever in the cockpit does not go down.

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello pilota57,

have you checked all your control assignments that you don't have anything parking brake related assigned there?

48 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Hello pilota57,

have you checked all your control assignments that you don't have anything parking brake related assigned there?

Please login to display this image.

Ok,
second flight without parking brake lever blocked and all ok.

Third attempt I tried to start again with usually (checklist) procedure = Parking brake lever blocked...not possible to move via joystick button, pushback helper button, mouse etc.
THERE is also the video with cockpit situation

Please login to view this video.

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

Hello pilota57,

I sent the screenshot where You can see that only one button on joystick is assigned at parking brakes lever:

I fly daily with CRJ from first release day in March and never had problems. I usually follow the checklist and this problem comes immediatelly after 1.03 and 1.04 updates.
Now I started again MSFS and is possible to move the lever with mouse action but not with assigned joystick button.

The joystick assigned button for parking brakes works in MSFS controls setting but not in CRJ
But this lever works with mouse action 

Bye

Please login to display this image.

vor 16 Stunden , pilota57 sagte:

The joystick assigned button for parking brakes works in MSFS controls setting but not in CRJ
But this lever works with mouse action 

Bug or feature that is the question 🙂

WelI, my Joystick button shows the same behaviour but if you remove the cocks via EFB the Joystick button works till you set the cocks again

This is a behaviour that the old version did not show.
I don't know if it is from MSFS or the CRJ version.

I experienced a similar issue yesterday as well.  My assigned parking break button did nothing.  That was one of a few issues I noticed (one has already been addressed - the throttle).  The parking break worked later (engaging the brake with an assigned button on my flight stick) when I finished the flight but it did not work when initially trying to disengage the parking brake using the assigned button on my flight stick. 

Funnily enough, it wasn't working and I later on realized that I forgot to remove the chocks (talk about the world's slowest pushback) which adds merit to Hoffie3000's comment. As the assigned parking brake button worked fine upon landing (after I removed the chocks before takeoff)..

Here's a link to a clip from my channel with a video I put up yesterday, not trying to advertise (feel free to remove it after reviewing) but as you can see I try to disengage the parking brake after starting the engines and a super long pushback (thanks to chocks still in place) and I was confused as to why the button wasn't working.

Link to clip

In this clip, you'll hear the noise of the parking brake being engaged/disengaged but the actual handle isn't doing anything. Seemed to work when I was clicking it with the mouse before that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I tried all kind of different configurations with the EFB and controls. Unfortunately I simply could not recreate the issue that you are experiencing in this case. And what makes it even stranger is that it's not happening on every flight. So yeah, unfortunately currently I have no idea why it's not always working for you.

I have the same issue. Parking brake will not release, although the lever does go down. I do not have a 'second' assignment for parking brake, I have checked. Further, I do not have this issue with other planes. Also, if I exit MSFS and reload, lo and behold the brake will release. This has to be an aerosoft issue! It is a royal pain because I now have to reprogram the CDU. BTW, I have had this problem at least half a dozen times, with the same solution: exit and reload.

On 6/4/2021 at 3:04 PM, Sherwood said:

I have the same issue. Parking brake will not release, although the lever does go down. I do not have a 'second' assignment for parking brake, I have checked. Further, I do not have this issue with other planes. Also, if I exit MSFS and reload, lo and behold the brake will release. This has to be an aerosoft issue! It is a royal pain because I now have to reprogram the CDU. BTW, I have had this problem at least half a dozen times, with the same solution: exit and reload.

When you see the parking brake lever go down does the message in the screen state that the parking Brake is still on?

23 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

When you see the parking brake lever go down does the message in the screen state that the parking Brake is still on?

Yes of course...the message on EICAS remains "Parking Brakes on"

Just now, pilota57 said:

Yes of course...the message on EICAS remains "Parking Brakes on"

So that has to be either the Chocks or then something else is bound to parking brakes.... but for me this is always the chocks....

5 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

So that has to be either the Chocks or then something else is bound to parking brakes.... but for me this is always the chocks....

I know that but when this happend was removed from EFB and also I take a look outside under main landing gear.

It happends at least three times and never again.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this issue the other day - check what your park brake is bound to on the keyboard and press that once. After I did that, I unbound the key and it's been fine since.

2 hours ago, scorpian007 said:

I ran into this issue the other day - check what your park brake is bound to on the keyboard and press that once. After I did that, I unbound the key and it's been fine since.

First think...but any command are binded at parking brakes via keyboard.
In any case this does not happend now and I think I solved by deleting files .m
Bye

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

hello

FINALLY RESOLVED.  the throttle was stuck. impossible to advance it. isaw that the parking brake was

always on, but its not working with the honeycomb. ive checked in the keyboard and saw that CTRL and NUMDELL

took off the parking brakes and put it off. and the plane began to advance with the throttles.

so what i have to do now is taking experience with the superb CRJ.

thank you very very much for your patience, you greatly helped me.

lucien paquette

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic