Autopilot/fms management of DF segments

Hello guys,

I have some concerns about how the crj is currently flying DF turning segments.

I was expecting to having the CRJ, once passed the turning fix to commence the turn and end I up once aligned on a straight and direct path to the ending fix. This straight alignment to the ending fix could starts wherever, depending on speed and external factors.

Currently, instead, the crj is managing the DF segments like a TF with a FlyOver start point. It always turns to catch a direction connection between the turning fix and the end fix. This is definitely wrong.

This has been never adddressed upon now?

Cheers

Andrea

19 hours ago, Andrea P. said:

Hello guys,

I have some concerns about how the crj is currently flying DF turning segments.

I was expecting to having the CRJ, once passed the turning fix to commence the turn and end I up once aligned on a straight and direct path to the ending fix. This straight alignment to the ending fix could starts wherever, depending on speed and external factors.

Currently, instead, the crj is managing the DF segments like a TF with a FlyOver start point. It always turns to catch a direction connection between the turning fix and the end fix. This is definitely wrong.

This has been never adddressed upon now?

Cheers

Andrea

This may well be a bug. Could you post a specific procedure that uses a DF segment so I can test it? 

Sure, there are tons of them.

Try as example a flight from Graz (LOWG), MILGO3H departure out of rwy 16C

here are 2 DF in a row. First coming from a turn at altitude, second after a flyover fix.

Other great example is from LEPA, try the ISTER1G.

On disposal for any further info may be required and thank you. Not required to consider our issues even on Sunday :)

Thanks. I do most of my flying in the US, where these kind of legs are not as common as in Europe. I will give the LOWG departure a try and post any issues to our bug tracker.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 4:41 PM, JRBarrett said:

Thanks. I do most of my flying in the US, where these kind of legs are not as common as in Europe. I will give the LOWG departure a try and post any issues to our bug tracker.

Hi!

Have you had any chance to try such segments (DF)?

• 1 month later...

Archived