Why none of my airports showing up?

bigmack

I had to re install FSX steam and all my aerosoft sceneries. During install I entered activation code and every thing work as normal. But when I go to any airport it's vacant or a giant sign tell to activate. What is going wrong here. Is another code needed?

Bill M

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 5/29/2021 at 8:00 PM, bigmack said:

I had to re install FSX steam and all my aerosoft sceneries. During install I entered activation code and every thing work as normal. But when I go to any airport it's vacant or a giant sign tell to activate. What is going wrong here. Is another code needed?

Bill M

Are you sure that your sceneries are compatible with FSX:SE? Show us a screenshot of the message you get.

• Developer

When there was never a Mircrosoft FSX installed on this PC (after a reinstall of Windows) and only FSX Steam Edition is used, in the Install Process of the addons, the Mircosoft FSX must be select, not the FSX:SE, because the Steamedition will use the same directory and registry Keys as the MS FSX in this case. When FSX:SE is selected, it could be, that the installer will generate the scenery entries in the wrong files (SE style) and not in the FSX files, the Steamedition whats to have.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:06 AM, OPabst said:

When there was never a Mircrosoft FSX installed on this PC (after a reinstall of Windows) and only FSX Steam Edition is used, in the Install Process of the addons, the Mircosoft FSX must be select, not the FSX:SE, because the Steamedition will use the same directory and registry Keys as the MS FSX in this case. When FSX:SE is selected, it could be, that the installer will generate the scenery entries in the wrong files (SE style) and not in the FSX files, the Steamedition whats to have.

Thank you for your reply. all my Aerosoft sceneries are installed in the main FSX-steam folder. The scenery cfg is in the C:programdata/microsoft/FSX folder. Do I need to create a FSX-steam folder and copy everything from ths FSX folder into the new FSX=steam Folder? I checked the locations with scenery manager and all Aerosoft sceneries are pointed to scenery cfg in FSX folder.

Archived