CTD after Update

kdt

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Own Aerosoft CRJ purchased from MSFS Marketplace.

-All previous versions up to 1.0.3 worked well.

-Installed 1.0.4 on 5/28/2021

-Experienced CTD issues when trying to launch simulator.  Sim would crash during load from splash screen with blue progress bar at 75% to 80%.  Issue appears to be well   documented and wide spread among MSFS purchasers.

-Tried emptying Community folder and uninstall/reinstall to no effect.

-Sim function restored by deleting Aerosoft CRJ.

-Installed V. 1.0.5 from MSFS Content Manager on 06/04/2021

-Sim crashes during launch as it did with V. 1.0.4.

-Sim function restored by deleting Aerosoft CRJ

This appears to be the second update in a week that has been corrupted.  So now I'm still without my rather pricey CRJ.  What is going on?  

• Developer

Unfortunately, we won't get any any news on this before Monday. I wish I could help you, but from all I can see here, the CTD happens while the CRJ is decrypted and loaded. Since I don't have access to the MSFS source code, I can't even check out the crash dumps myself and have to rely on Asobo's help with this. I'm sorry for this, but there's nothing I can do.

Hans, I appreciate the transparency and your willingness to share your own frustrations.  It's great that Aerosoft understands what so many developers don't...the need for transparency with your customers.  Even "I don't know what's wrong with it" is better than being ignored.  Thanks again.  Looking forward to better news Monday and getting the CRJ back in the MSFS 2020 skies.

Sorry wenn ich jetzt auf deutsch hier schreibe ,aber ich habe die crj jetzt mal neuinstalliert und das Update 1.05 ausgeführt .Habe dabei zur Probe mal den Echtzeitschutz von Win10 abgeschaltet und im Msfs den Haken bei Sprechfunk übernimmt CoPilot rausgenommen.Was jetzt  wirklich geholfen hat weiß ich nicht ,aber der Vogel fliegt wieder ohne CTD !

Hello,

I can confirm my first CTD with version 1.05 since first release.

First start after update - plane was complete unfuctional, no buttons or some else was working - restart.

Second start was ok, until starting the engines - CTD -restart.

Third start is ok without any problems, even with the copilot.

greetings Olaf

vor 19 Stunden , Cobra7207 sagte:

Sorry wenn ich jetzt auf deutsch hier schreibe ,aber ich habe die crj jetzt mal neuinstalliert und das Update 1.05 ausgeführt .Habe dabei zur Probe mal den Echtzeitschutz von Win10 abgeschaltet und im Msfs den Haken bei Sprechfunk übernimmt CoPilot rausgenommen.Was jetzt  wirklich geholfen hat weiß ich nicht ,aber der Vogel fliegt wieder ohne CTD !

well, that brought me - and hence hopefully also Asobo und AS - a step closer. deactivated windows defender, too, and MSFS now started with the CRJ installed without a CTD to the menu. I just selected the CRJ for a short hop from EDDH to EDXW, currently MSFS is loading the flight and "decrypting" the CRJ which may take indeed the 10mins on my meager system, will see and report back.... one caveat though on reproducing this: I also installed yesterday the latest 1H21 MS update. @Cobra7207, did you recently install that, too? Just in case that did the difference?

EDIT no success. MSFS still CTDed when loading the flight, but I realized that windows defender was somehow activated again, last try now with defender deactivated

EDIT2: no success, either. So this solution does not work for me, MSFS still CTDed during startup....

On 4.6.2021 at 21:32, Hans Hartmann sagte:

we won't get any any news on this before Monday

well, that would be actually fast. challenging indeed. standing by...

I can't even see the main menu. The game just crashes when loading to the main menu. I just purchased the CRJ from in game market so i didn't make any loading/conversion of file in game for 10mins. When i delete the aerosoft-crj folder in packages/offical, game no longer crashes.

Guys if you are, and you SHOULD be, excluding things related to flight simming in Windows Defender ANY other antivirus or firewall, exclude EVERYTHING.  Do it by folders.  Let me say this again EVERYTHING.  Did I say EVERYTHING. Community folder.  Any addon program folder installed by that addon.  Make a list of everything you use for flight sim (no matter what the name of the sim is) and EXLUDE.

Look for folders in documents, Program files, Programsx86, appdata/local/whatever the program is. 

Not only will you be able to eliminate that as a problem after the download, but during updates and other events you won't get important files put in quarantine or deleted.  A side benefit...increased performance!  Yep, your anti-virus/firewall won't be attempting scan a folder every time your simulator accesses it.

Once more time for good measure.  EVERYTHING!

Anytime you install something new, make sure EVERY folder associated with that install is excluded so that in the end you always have EVERYTHING excluded.

I may have made my point...We shall see......

Hello everyone, I have the same CTD problem, happening in an apparently random way, but after the aircraft is loaded, usually in some phase of the cabin preparation. For me the problem started in version 1.0.5 coincidentally on the same day I updated my VGA driver, Nvidia RTX 2070S.

Looking more calmly at the Windows Event Viewer, I noticed that always near the CTD time, there is an error related to "nvlddmkm", which apparently is from the Nvidia card. I will reproduce the error in full below, this one in Portuguese, as this is the language of my system:

Windows Logs > Systems (Event ID 14)

Não é possível localizar a descrição da Identificação de Evento 14 na origem "nvlddmkm". O componente que gera esse evento não está instalado no computador local ou a instalação está danificada. Você pode instalar ou reparar o componente no computador local.

Se o evento foi originado em outro computador, as informações de exibição tiveram que ser salvas com o evento.

As seguintes informações foram incluídas com o evento:

\Device\Video8
0d20(31cc) 00000000 00000000

O recurso está presente, mas a mensagem não foi encontrada na tabela de mensagens

I searched the error history, and this error only started to occur after the last update of the nvidia driver, which in my case was the same day that I updated the CRJ to version 1.0.5 (via Market Place of the Simulator).

I don't know if the problem is related, maybe this error is a consequence of the CTD, and not its cause.

My nvidia driver is this version 466.63, updated through "GEFORCE EXPERIENCE", I'm looking for a way to downgrade the driver, if I can, I'll try a flight and put the result here.

57 minutes ago, João Barbosa said:
Hello everyone, I have the same CTD problem, happening in an apparently random way, but after the aircraft is loaded, usually in some phase of the cabin preparation. For me the problem started in version 1.0.5 coincidentally on the same day I updated my VGA driver, Nvidia RTX 2070S.

Looking more calmly at the Windows Event Viewer, I noticed that always near the CTD time, there is an error related to "nvlddmkm", which apparently is from the Nvidia card. I will reproduce the error in full below, this one in Portuguese, as this is the language of my system:

I searched the error history, and this error only started to occur after the last update of the nvidia driver, which in my case was the same day that I updated the CRJ to version 1.0.5 (via Market Place of the Simulator).

I don't know if the problem is related, maybe this error is a consequence of the CTD, and not its cause.

My nvidia driver is this version 466.63, updated through "GEFORCE EXPERIENCE", I'm looking for a way to downgrade the driver, if I can, I'll try a flight and put the result here.

You can get the drivers here.  I would suggest NOT installing the GEFORCE experience and when drivers are released, check to see if there is a fix for a specific problem you have.  When you do that, follow the old and proven adage, if it ain't broke don't go fixing it. I am always about 3 versions behind on the drive and basically only update if forced to do so. 

Official GeForce Drivers | NVIDIA

3 hours ago, João Barbosa said:

EDIT1(Sucsess): I finally finished a flight. I downgraded the Nvidia driver to 466.47, and everything seemed to work fine, at least for me. I didn't get any "nvlddmkm" error in the logs. All 6 previous flight attempts resulted in CTD during the cockpit preparation phase. After downgrading the driver, it worked, at least this time. I will make other flights in the next few days, and if I have any problems again I will report it here.

2 hours ago, Crabby said:

You can get the drivers here.  I would suggest NOT installing the GEFORCE experience and when drivers are released, check to see if there is a fix for a specific problem you have.  When you do that, follow the old and proven adage, if it ain't broke don't go fixing it. I am always about 3 versions behind on the drive and basically only update if forced to do so. 

Official GeForce Drivers | NVIDIA

Thank you Crabby, I will consider your recommendation

vor 2 Stunden , João Barbosa sagte:

downgraded the Nvidia driver to 466.47, and everything seemed to work fine

thx, will try the same now

EDIT downgrading nvidia did not help, once I came to the main menu and then MSFS CTDed, second time it CTDed even before the menu. So I need to rely upon the dump files and Asobo's solution

Just tried it with the latest 1.0.5.  CTD while loading the FBW A32NX. Pulled the CRJ folder out of the OneStore official folder and the FBW A32NX loads and flies fine.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60a521f7
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60a521f7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000016ed1a
Faulting process id: 0x33a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d75c32e025c0be
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.16.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.16.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: d698e32d-f3ef-4a2b-b047-6c51473fe69a
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.16.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Also noticed this which I believe has something to do with the Bravo Throttle set up?

Faulting application name: AFC_Bridge.exe, version: 2.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x60049820
Faulting module name: AFC_Bridge.exe, version: 2.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x60049820
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000f9b0
Faulting process id: 0x308c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d75c3337a352b4
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe
Report Id: bee55d11-dbd9-4dcd-9533-417b53b8e012
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

All,

If you look back at the beginning of this thread, you will see that I was one of the earlier posters.  I mention this because at that time, the CTD’s that were being reported were consistent in that they wouldn’t allow MSFS to either get to the start screen, or if you managed to get that far, then the CTD would occur when you tried to choose the CRJ in the hanger, or if you were lucky and got that far, then the CTD occurred when you entered the World Map screen.  This was always my case and I was never even able to fly the CRJ.  Everyone else was reporting the exact same scenarios.  The only solution was to remove the CRJ folder, in my case from the MSFS\Official\OneStore folder.

Hans Hartmann, who is a key developer for the CRJ, and who you see throughout this thread, mentioned that the issue seems to be with the update file that we download from the in sim Market Place and that due to the  encryption that Asobo adds to that file, Aerosoft is unable the verify where the problem/s are occurring within that file.

Once I saw this feedback from Hans, and because I was getting frustrated with not being able to fly the CRJ, I decided to prove his point.  So I re-purchased the CRJ, but this time direct from the Aerosoft store.  Now I can report that the CRJ works as it did before the fatal updates in the in sim Market Place.  And as an aside, I say the following for Aerosoft’s benefit (Mathijs Kok), that the United CRJ 550 livery is also available (this from an unrelated thread where some people who bought the CRJ from the in sim Market Place were unable to see the United livery). 

So, nothing has changed on my computer, no setting changes, no upgrades, no antivirus turned off (except I always disable the built-in Win 10 antivirus during the install phase only).  The only difference is that with the in sim Market Place CRJ update I was getting consistent CTD’s, and with newly purchased Aerosoft store update, no more CTD’s and I’m now flying the CRJ again.

So what can I conclude, simply, and not surprisingly, that Hans was right.  There is an issue with the in sim Market Place update file and until such time as Asobo and Aerosoft can figure out where the specific error/s are within the encrypted update file, then it seems that trying to look any further, will lead to more dead-ends.  I have been absent from this thread since re-purchasing the CRJ directly from Aerosoft, but I now felt that I needed to re-engage, as I see others trying to solve the CTD issue in various ways (which I did as well at the beginning), but still hitting a brick wall.

I’m not saying that to solve the issue, people should go out and re-purchase the CRJ directly from Aerosoft, that’s an expensive solution.  But if you are patient, unlike me, then I’m sure that Hans will soon “crack the code”, in collaboration with Asobo.  As he posted last Friday, “Unfortunately, we won't get any any news on this before Monday. I wish I could help you, but from all I can see here, the CTD happens while the CRJ is decrypted and loaded. Since I don't have access to the MSFS source code, I can't even check out the crash dumps myself and have to rely on Asobo's help with this. I'm sorry for this, but there's nothing I can do.” 

From what was exposed by Flightfascination, it would not be fairer on the part of aerosoft to make Crj available as a download to customers who are having problems with the Marketplace.problems with the Marketplace.

• Aerosoft
22 minutes ago, Fernando Souto said:

From what was exposed by Flightfascination, it would not be fairer on the part of aerosoft to make Crj available as a download to customers who are having problems with the Marketplace.problems with the Marketplace.

I am sorry, but that will just not happen. Contracts simply do not allow that. 

We will do everything we can top make sure these issues are crushed (and believe me, we do, it is our own interest) but to move a sale from one shop to another is in many ways  super complex. A shop that sells a product gets a percentage of the sale to handle the sale and providing updates (and often part of the support).  Providing the thousands of Marketplace customers with 'free' updates will simply cost a lot of money and understandably Microsoft will most likely not be happy. 

The simple fact is that the seller is responsible for some of the work. They get money for that. It is the choice of the customer to decide where he buys.  We are sure that Asobo will be able to sort out this issue. They know that Hans and everybody else at Aerosoft is standing by to assist where needed. 

• Herman locked this topic

Archived