CTD after Update

kdt

after installing the update for the CRJ, the MSFS crashes. Even a new installation of the entire MSFS did not change anything. Only when I delete the CRJ does the simulator start normally again. The previous version worked flawlessly.

Thanks for help

Klaus

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same issue yesterday after the CRJ update 2, with MSFS CTD on startup each and every time.  I then removed all items from the Community folder and MSFS started fine.  But then when I tried to load the CRJ from the hanger (with either the 550 or 700), MSFS consistently CTD. 

After the latest update 3 (V 1.0.4.0), I gave it another try, still with the Community folder empty.  I had the same issue with MSFS CTD whenever I tried to load the CRJ from the hanger (again with either the 550 or 700).  So I deleted all of the "m" files to re-set the CRJ, thinking that might have been where the conflict was coming from, but unfortunately MSFS still CTD.

Fortunately, I can still use MSFS, but the CRJ is now no longer available for me.  It's my favorite aircraft and I just purchased Pilot2ATC, updated Multi Crew Experience to work with the CRJ and am ready to purchase the 900 and 1000 CRJ variants.  I'm hoping that my and the previous poster's issue can be resolved.

Thank you

So for me it is clearly due to the CRJ update, I've tried everything, it just doesn't work. Even with an empty community folder, it makes no difference, the SIM crashes.

I bought the CRJ from the in sim Marketplace, not directly from Aerosoft, so there is no uninstaller as far as I know.  And there is no way to un-install the CRJ via Windows (as far as I can tell).  I did however, remove the "aerosoft-crj" folder from the MSFS\Official\OneStore directory before installing update 3.  The "m" files are not deleted automatically, so I did that manually, as I mentioned above.

Just in case it helps in the troubleshooting, I  purchased MSFS in the Microsoft Store.

I'm not sure how to link to other posts, but you can read about the 'm" files and those under the "Work" folder by going to the post titled "My throttle doesn't work after Update 1.0.0.3" under the General Discussion Forum.

I just tried deleting all of the files under the "Work" folder, but MSFS still CTD whenever I try to load the CRJ from the hanger (with either the 550 or 700).

I got the CTD also with 1.0.4.0.  I was loading a 3rd party liveryAfter removing the 3rd party liveries everything appears to load just fine after the long initialization.  

Upon further investigation, the issue might be with FT EKCH airport.  I loaded in with another aircraft and had the same CTD.  I'll try and put the liveries back in and see.  There were also updates for all their other MSFS airports.  They said KLAS reported CTDs also.  This does not appear to be a AS issue.

Pilotskcx, thanks for the feedback, but I have no third party liveries and my Community folder is completely empty. 

I would have to disagree that it appears to not be an Aerosoft issue, as I'm CTD when I'm trying to change from an already selected aircraft to the CRJ, while I'm still in the hanger, which is before you get to World Map where you choose the airport.  Further, if  I re-launch MSFS after the CTD and go directly to the World Map, bypassing the hanger, the CRJ is displayed as the selected aircraft (upper left corner), as that's the last aircraft that I last tried to choose while in the hanger (before the CTD), and that simple fact that it's there in the World Map, will cause a CTD, and that's before I've had a chance to select a departure airport.  

So I tried another tactic.  I re-started MSFS, went directly into the hanger and loaded an Asobo aircraft, went into the World Map and then tried to change the aircraft to the CRJ from there and while holding my breath, it seemed to work.  So I selected an airport (CYOW) and hit the Fly Now button, thinking that I had found success, but seconds later, I got the CTD.  Now as a result, MSFS won't even startup and CTD, which is the same issue that was brought up at the beginning of this thread.  Now, the only way I can get MSFS to start without CTD, is to remove the "aerosoft-crj" folder from the MSFS\Official\OneStore directory.  And if I add it back in, MSFS CTD.

The CRJ is conflicting with something, somewhere, it's just a question of what and where.

Even though it doesn't appear to be a wide spread issue, I hope that the devs will find a fix, as it's not a question of a missing a certain functionality in the CRJ, I can no longer fly the CRJ period.

I hope that I've provided enough feedback/clues as to where the problem might lie and am ready to provide as much feedback as is required to solve the issue.

Thank you

that's exactly how it works for me, I have chosen the same procedure and the Sim CTD. it is a new installation of the MSFS with an empty community folder and no 3rd party liveries.

I also mentioned before that I had no problems with version 1.02 except for the known bugs!

And I stay to the fact that it is an Aerosoft problem.

I also confirm the same issues after the update to 1.03 and 1.04 with my installation. I do have the CRJ package from MSFS marketplace and also tryed several combinations like community folder empty, sim re-install etc it keepd crashing to desktop. To be able to use the simulator i have to remove the CRJ folder in the \Packages\Official\OneStore directory.

So now I have reinstalled the MSFS again without world updates, only the CRJ I have installed.

What can I say the MSFS crashes.

And now nobody should come to me and say it's not up to the CRJ.

By now it’s clear that the 4 or 5 people that have posted here continue to experience the CTD issues, even after either a complete re-install of MSFS, emptying  their Community folders, clearing their “m” files, etc, or various different combinations thereof.  So something else is still causing the CTD issue.  Unlike the throttle issue that was causing problems for so many, the CTD issue seems to be more isolated, at least until more people continue to update to the latest version (the last 2 versions, 1.0.2.0 and 1.0.4.0, had the same CTD effect).

In order to try and aid the developers with trouble shooting the problem, and until they step in to this discussion, I’m looking beyond the immediate suspected issues and trying to dig a bit deeper.  Something changed between update 1.0.0.1 (that last worked for us), and the ones that followed.  But which improved items in those updates might be the culprit/s.  Listed amongst the updated items are, “Adapted GS Hold to custom GS” and “Custom Glideslope Hold”.  Could something in this “Custom” implementation be conflicting with something in the specific computer setups that the 4 or 5 of us have.  Something beyond the MSFS install.  I’m thinking, graphic cards, Win OS version, FSUIPC7 (which I disabled during the MSFS start-up sequence but still had the CTD).  It could be a shot in the dark, but anything that helps eliminate possibilities for the developers is worth a try.  So here are the specs for my computer:

-NVIDIA Geoforce GTX 670 2 GB VRAM (yes, below MSFS min specs, but it’s worked fine so far, but maybe the recent update to the CRJ pushed it over the edge),

-Win 10 Home 20H2,

-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz,

-8 GB RAM  DDR3, and

-FSUIPC7 installed.

Hopefully we will hear from the developers soon enough, and get a solution and be able to get back into the wonderful CRJ.

Hello everyone, I'm having the same CTD problem. The installation looks like this: C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work. just have this empty folder.

The other folder contains all the files, which is this: 😄 \ Users \ Fernando \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft Flight Simulator \ Packages \ Official \ Steam \ aerosoft-crj

Thanks

Exactly the same problem and symptoms here.  I can only start up MSFS once I have deleted the aerosoft-crj folder. I tried playing around with traffic variety and numbers but doesn't make any difference. Sad times, no crj :(

It would be nice if you could hear an official statement.

Here my Hard and Software Info:

Windows 10 Version 21H1
Nvidia 466.47

Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 975  @ 3.33GHz,
16 GB DDR3 RAM

Thanks

Klaus

Guys your in the wrong part of the forum for support. Post your issues in the Systems section which is supported and you should get assistance there.

• Aerosoft

This section is fine. 

As is mentioned by some users, this seems to be a highly isolated incident. And while we do not doubt what users report, there are tens of thousands of user who do not see this issue and we are unable to recreate it on any of our systems  or on any of the testers systems.  Logic simply dictates that therefore is simply can't be the CRJ, it simply has to be something in the combination of the system of those users and the CRJ that is different on all other users.  If the CRJ would be problematic and would cause the sim to crash it would have to crash it on every system, not on just 7 (or rather 8 as I got one person in the ticket system).

Is there anything listed in the window event log?

Can we get hardware specifications?

On 5/29/2021 at 11:40 AM, Flightfascination said:

And there is no way to un-install the CRJ via Windows (as far as I can tell)

Yes, you can. Maybe you should try uninstalling this way, reinstall the new version it and see if your CTD issues persist.

Cheers, Ed

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just tried it and simply can not recreate it. the CRJ 1.0.4. loads fine with MSFS 1.16.2

For those experiencing a CTD:

- post the detailed message from the Windows Eventviewer

- run  the attched tool and post the output here

ASVersionInfo_1102.zip

I did not have this problem in the previous version of CRJ even after updated windows and MSFS

Hardware
--------
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 cores)
GPU Driver 466.27
RAM 16GB @ MHz

Microsoft Windows
-----------------
Windows 10 Post October 2020 (20H2) Update / Version 10.0.19043 / 64-bit
Edição    Windows 10 Home
Versão    21H1
Instalado em    ‎19/‎12/‎2020
Compilação do SO    19043.1023
Experiência    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
User Profile and Document Folders
---------------------------------
User Profile Location:
Environment.GetFolderPath =        C:\Users\Fernando
Volatile Environment\USERPROFILE = C:\Users\Fernando

Documents Folder:
Environment.GetFolderPath = C:\Users\Fernando\Documents
Shell Folders\Personal =    C:\Users\Fernando\Documents

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 - 4.0
----------------------------------
.NET Framework DF
.NET Framework 2.0.50727 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework 4
.NET Framework 4.0

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+
-----------------------------
.NET Framework 4.7.2 or later (only latest version is shown)

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
---------------------------------
Microsoft Flight Simulator (Steam Edition). Content located at: C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages

Microsoft Flight Simulator X & Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
-------------------------------------------------------
Prepar3D v4.x not installed
Prepar3D v3.x not installed
FSX Steam Edition not installed
FSX SP2/Acceleration not installed

X-Plane 10 & 11
---------------
X-Plane 11 not installed

X-Plane 10 not installed

Microsoft XAudio2
-----------------
XAudio2_9.dll found: 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
XAudio2_8.dll found: 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
XAudio2_7.dll found: 9.29 (DXSDK_JUN10.100602-0421)
XAudio2_6.dll found: 9.28 (DXSDK_FEB10.100204-0932)
XAudio2_5.dll found: 9.27 (DXSDK_AUG09.090904-1620)
XAudio2_4.dll found: 9.26 (DXSDK_MAR09.090316-1354)
XAudio2_3.dll found: 9.25 (DXSDK_NOV08.081027-0939)
XAudio2_2.dll found: 9.24 (DXSDK_AUG08.080731-0600)
XAudio2_1.dll found: 9.23 (DXSDK_JUN08.080530-1349)
XAudio2_0.dll found: 9.22 (DXSDK_MAR08.080305-1539)

Simconnect, SDKs and Visual C++ Redistributables
------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK 0.12.0.0 (Core) - (Version Data: 0.12.0.0)
Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK 0.12.0.0 (Documentation) - (Version Data: 0.12.0.0)
Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK 0.12.0.0 (Samples) - (Version Data: 0.12.0.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable - (Version Data: 8.0.61001.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - (Version Data: 8.0.61000.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - (Version Data: 8.0.59192.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 - (Version Data: 9.0.30729.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Additional Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.21005 - (Version Data: 12.0.21005.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Additional Runtime - 14.28.29334 - (Version Data: 14.28.29334.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Minimum Runtime - 14.28.29334 - (Version Data: 14.28.29334.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Additional Runtime - 14.28.29913 - (Version Data: 14.28.29913.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.28.29913 - (Version Data: 14.28.29913.0)

• Herman locked this topic

Archived