MSFS Toggle reverse

ridgey

Hello,

May be missing something, but the MSFS toggle reverse (where a there is a button switch and you then use your standard throttle as the reverse axis) is not working. Am I missing something?

11 minutes ago, ridgey said:

Hello,

May be missing something, but the MSFS toggle reverse (where a there is a button switch and you then use your standard throttle as the reverse axis) is not working. Am I missing something?

From what I learned this stopped working in Simulator Update 4. For now just remap it to decrease throttle. So once you bring throttle to idle just push and hold for a couple seconds or you can hold F2

24 minutes ago, quasiguru said:

From what I learned this stopped working in Simulator Update 4. For now just remap it to decrease throttle. So once you bring throttle to idle just push and hold for a couple seconds or you can hold F2

Oooo.. 

Have you for any reference for this? It's super disappointing if that's the case! 

EDIT, this is still available as a control option in the sim.I am just about to test it in the default aircraft

EDIT this works fine in default MSFS so you're incorrect I am afraid my friend

20 minutes ago, ridgey said:

Oooo.. 

Have you for any reference for this? It's super disappointing if that's the case! 

EDIT, this is still available as a control option in the sim.I am just about to test it in the default aircraft

EDIT this works fine in default MSFS so you're incorrect I am afraid my friend

Ridgey I am specifically talking about the CRJ... This problem started to arise in SU4, I stream this plane often, and that was the only issue I noticed then, and that was before this new update for the CRJ.

Toggle reverse NEVER worked on the CRJ in MSFS.  There have been many threads about it here.  Yeah we're stuck with the "reduce throttle" option which makes it impossible to control the level of reverse unless you actually own a throttle with a real reverse axis.  

6 hours ago, flyinion said:

Toggle reverse NEVER worked on the CRJ in MSFS.  There have been many threads about it here.  Yeah we're stuck with the "reduce throttle" option which makes it impossible to control the level of reverse unless you actually own a throttle with a real reverse axis.  

Sort of correct.  You can, in the, CRJ EFB, map a portion of your throttle movement to reverse thrust.  However you will not have a good feel for where the detent is. I did this for a while and opted out of it with my Bravo TQ.  I use FlighSimFlyBoy's scripts to get a good approximation of actual reverse operation with the Bravo TQ now.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone from the Aerosoft team confirm whether there are any plans to implement this functionality at some point? This is quite a big usability issue because many users—myself included—use a throttle that doesn't have a dedicated reverse axis. Now, I personally was able to work around this with FSUIPC and about 20 lines of Lua code (the throttle levers spazz out when switching, but other than that, it works perfectly even with default calibration settings), but that's an extra $30 on top of the cost of the plane itself I shouldn't have to spend in order to get the full experience, especially considering all default aircraft support the reverse toggle (if applicable), and most addon aircraft probably do too, unless the developer went out of their way to not support it.

• Aerosoft

Dear Seekay,

Only the reverse portion on the throttle axis or the DECREASE THROTTLE function can control the CRJ reversers

This is currently the only possibilities due to addon MSFS data access reasons
but we are aware of it and trying to find a workaround.

See hereunder three short totorials on throttle/reversers CRJ setup depending on your trhottle type/configuration : 

- 1 - SINGLE LEVER THROTTLE : 

- 2 - DUAL LEVERS THROTTLE WITH REVERSER AXIS : 

- 3 - DUAL LEVERS THROTTLE WITHOUT REVERSER AXIS : 

Best regards.

51 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Dear Seekay,

Only the reverse portion on the throttle axis or the DECREASE THROTTLE function can control the CRJ reversers

This is currently the only possibilities due to addon MSFS data access reasons
but we are aware of it and trying to find a workaround.

See hereunder three short totorials on throttle/reversers CRJ setup depending on your trhottle type/configuration : 

- 1 - SINGLE LEVER THROTTLE : 

- 2 - DUAL LEVERS THROTTLE WITH REVERSER AXIS : 

- 3 - DUAL LEVERS THROTTLE WITHOUT REVERSER AXIS : 

Best regards.

For me the "workaround" is trying to find a way that we can toggle the reverse axis through a button on the joystick and use our normal thrust axis to go into reverse.

This is how Asobo intended and it's a real joy to use. 

• Aerosoft
vor 1 hour , ridgey sagte:

For me the "workaround" is trying to find a way that we can toggle the reverse axis through a button on the joystick and use our normal thrust axis to go into reverse.

This is how Asobo intended and it's a real joy to use. 

Dear Ridgey,

You are perfectly right :  this is exactly what we aim to do.

Best regards.

Archived