VQPR issue with RNAV

Hi, 

VQPR (and others complex RNAV approaches) issue was mentioned here multiple times (in context of that flight simulator freezes when selected), and it was declared that this was somehow fixed.

Now I checked it with the latest update, and there is still freeze issue with this:

* when i select some of RNAV approaches in VQPR on DEP/ARR page, flight simulator does not freeze (this is fixed)

* after selection, when I move to LEGS section, and try to connect the approach with the remaining part of route (because there is a disconnection there), flight simulator freezes

Thank you

Tomas

On 5/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, Tragedie_v_JZD said:

Hi, 

VQPR (and others complex RNAV approaches) issue was mentioned here multiple times (in context of that flight simulator freezes when selected), and it was declared that this was somehow fixed.

Now I checked it with the latest update, and there is still freeze issue with this:

* when i select some of RNAV approaches in VQPR on DEP/ARR page, flight simulator does not freeze (this is fixed)

* after selection, when I move to LEGS section, and try to connect the approach with the remaining part of route (because there is a disconnection there), flight simulator freezes

Thank you

Tomas

To avoid re-writing a long response, please refer to my answer to another user about complex RNP procedures in the CRJ

The TL:DR is that the sim CRJ is not compatible with the VQPR approaches, and never will be. The only reason these approaches even appear as selectable options on the DEP/ARR page is because both the Aerosoft and Navigraph databases include every approach for every airport, which includes some approach types that the real CRJ is not capable of flying. At present, there is no easy way to filter complex RNP approaches out of the FMS database.

The reason the sim FMS locks up when trying to modify this approach is because the nav data contains leg segments and navigational commands that the FMS is not programmed to recognize or act upon. This is not going to change.

Archived