PFD baro flashing

Nicco54

I've noticed that the Baro on both PFDs flash when close to or at the transition. To my knowledge this is not correct. None of the CRJ 1000s that I fly have this feature therefore I'm guessing this is simply a mistake as I do not believe it's a operator option. I know Airbus aircraft have this feature but I've never seen a CRJ with it. :D  

I believe I brought this up in a way way past with the original CRJ X as well but some people who didn't fly the plane assured me it was correct. But yeah, I have never seen it on any actual 700/900 or 1000 and not in any option list. Still can't rule it out but I think it is very, very unlikely.

5 hours ago, Nicco54 said:

I've noticed that the Baro on both PFDs flash when close to or at the transition. To my knowledge this is not correct. None of the CRJ 1000s that I fly have this feature therefore I'm guessing this is simply a mistake as I do not believe it's a operator option. I know Airbus aircraft have this feature but I've never seen a CRJ with it. :D  

This is not a CRJ 1000 yet. It's either a 550 or a 700. Maybe they differ?

5 hours ago, Thijs010 said:

This is not a CRJ 1000 yet. It's either a 550 or a 700. Maybe they differ?

I realize this is not the CRJ 1000, and even though I only fly the 1000 and not the 700, I have the 700 manuals and have never seen anything mentioning the flashing baro. 
This is clearly an Airbus feature that was ported over from their A320, just like the double flashing Airbus style strobes that I had mentioned in a previous post which was fixed in their latest update...

This is 100% a Customer Option, and if you have company manuals that include Customer Options, you'll find the list in the Airplane General Section. It's on page 3 of my manual. Page 01-01-03.

4 hours ago, A_Pilot said:

This is 100% a Customer Option, and if you have company manuals that include Customer Options, you'll find the list in the Airplane General Section. It's on page 3 of my manual. Page 01-01-03.

Thanks Luc, sadly my company manuals don't include the customer options list, but good to know. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived