Gamepad/keyboard thrust lever control

I just reinstalled MSFS and the CRJ, everything completely fresh, no update. Fresh OS, fresh sim install etc.

I do not have my HOTAS set up connected, just an Xbox Elite controller. I have taken note of the thrust lever calibration issues that seem to have popped up, but since I have no thrust lever axis I had hoped to fly a bit with the controller. But with default button or keyboard assignments for increasing/decreasing thrust there is zero thrust control between idle and CLB detent. The levers move but the thrust does not change. Going from 1mm below the CLB detent to CLB will suddenly make the thrust jump from idle to CLB. Impossible to fly this way.

Is this the same bug discussed and found/fixed today or is this something else?

Someone has asked before here: 

Got referred to the axis issue thread. That poster asked there but has not been answered or even acknowledged in that thread and it is now closed. So please do not close this thread prematurely.

I still have throttle issues after the latest hotfix. I use a XBOX controller and have mapped increase/decease throttle to the right/left bumper buttons. The throttle levers in the cockpit move as expected, but there is not change in engine power between Idle and Climb. N1 is stuck at 21% and then jumps to ~70% once in CLB detent. I get the same behavior when using increase/increase throttle keys on the keyboard. This only started happening after this week's update and was never an issue in the past. I tried reinstalling, deleting m files, playing around with calibration settings and no luck. Please fix. Thanks.

Tried again here as well after the hotfix, and no change. Thrust completely unresponsive between idle and climb when not using a throttle axis but button assignments. Also tried assigning separate throttle increase and decrease bindings for throttle 1 & 2 instead of all together, but does not work either. Thrust levers move but thrust stuck at idle until you reach the climb detent.

Please look in to this. Airplane is unflyable this way (yeah I know, it's fine for takeoff and climb, but have fun flying in cruise or approach if you can only get climb thrust or idle and nothing in between). 

I am having the exact same issue, but what I have noticed is that there isn't any M files where there supposed to be. I don't know if that is a problem on my end or if other users using keyboards/gamepads are not getting M files. I had M files before the latest update well 1.0.3.0. Also this is after launching up the CRJ (fresh install of it from the marketplace) and letting it setup. Made sure it was a default livery too, as I know third party liveries can mess things up. Is it possible for anyone to check the M files on their side as well to see if you got any or if there isn't any? 

Please login to display this image.

Thank you for taking over my topic.
I deleted the m-files as the developer said after update 1.0.0.3, downloaded the subsequent patch, and then did a test flight, but no new m-files were generated there.
Are m-files always created there even if there is no bug?

By the way, in update 1.0.0.3, the rudder/steering automatically returned to the neutral position when I stopped the L/R input, but after applying the micro patch, I can't return it to the neutral position without manual input as before.
If you have a foot pedal controller, that's not a big problem, but when flying with only a gamepad, it's very difficult to control, so I'd like the rudder and steering controls to also automatically return to neutral position when the L/R input stops.

Yep, I have this problem too and I am getting a bit frustrated because I can't fly the CRJ after the update. Using the F2 and F3 keys the throttle moves but between IDLE and CLB nothing happens with N1 and N2. The engines stay idle. The hotfix didn't fix that for me.

P.S.: I tried to connect my Thrustmaster Hotas X controller and that works normally, engines power increase between IDLE and CLB positions as I move the thrust lever. F2 and F3 on a keyboard don't work though as I stated above. I hope the solution can be found because I can't use my controller every time and I need to control the thrust on my keyboard.

@Maria Illustrious I can remember reading up on your forum post and seeing that it was locked and thought that's a bit funny why it go locked since it was going on about gamepad and not using a throttle quadrant, which is what the recent patch fixed the single axis issue. But ever since 1.0.3.0 its messed up the "Increase Thrust" and "Decrease Thrust" options on it and that with going into throttle calibration and setting to "defaults" on the tablet in the CRJ550/700, which was the original fix for issues with the throttle. Am sure if they tested the CRJ with all controller types they would come across this issue as I saw in another forum thread that they only tested on dual axis throttle quadrants, that is why they never spotted the single axis fault. 😁    

Yes, I also had this problem. When I used F2 and F3 on the keyboard to move the throttle between idle and climb, the engine didn't respond.

I think most of the pilots who participate in the forums for 3rd party add-ons use independent flight controllers like HOTAS, so for them it's not a big issue, so maybe it's not such a high priority to fix.

Indeed, the developer said the other day that they couldn't identify the throttle calibration issue in Update2 in advance because they didn't have enough people to test and prepare different environments.
I don't know if they are currently aware of this gamepad/keyboard specific issue, but since the throttle issue was left unaddressed from the time CRJ was first released until Update2, it's possible that lower priority fixes will have to wait until the next major update to be fixed.

In any case, it is depressing to have to wait once again for testing and updates that may take place at any time.

Would love to see some sort of acknowledgement of this issue from Aerosoft or @Hans Hartmann since it is pretty much a game breaking, showstopper issue like the throttle axis issue is/was. And it would be good to know whether it is being checked out/fixed or if I have to park the CRJ again for an extended time. I do know it is weekend time, but it would be nice though.

I hope they are aware of this because I believe they threw this into the same bag with the problem with controller axis. They locked my other topic about this keyboard problem after the hotfix was released saying the issue has been fixed. Well, it fixed a problem with controllers (Hotas X works fine for me) but this keyboard problem persists after the hotfix.

When I had the chance to fly it, I loved it (apart from the ILS issue that was happening at the time) other than that a wonderful aircraft to fly. Shame that it has to be benched for the time being because of this bug I was looking forward to a nice approach in it 😁

I was having a bit of a play around earlier to see if I could find a work around but unfortunately I couldn't find any but interestingly I went into the dev mode setting in MSFS just to see and came across this. As you can see in the video throttle 1 pos and throttle 2 pos gets updated in the debug but what also should get updated is the ones ending in "my" and "rel". You can see this happen when I use the mouse to increase and decrease thrust. I don't know if this would be any help to the developer pin pointing the issue.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApFKtqBBIiPRgutnyD73rwT9CIM_sg

vor 1 hour , willnosmer Aileron sagte:

Tried Downgrade to 1.0.0.3 fixed the issue

BR

ok?=! but how - whats the deal with the updates?

However - I had it working for 2 minutes or so with update 1.0.4 -with ps4 as xbox controller mapped with steam -  I reseted to default in flypad but nothing happend - no N1 Thrust - then I changed to dual axis on flypad and it seemed to work - i could change n1 but then suddenly it got stuck again on 22% n1 and only reacting when going into max toga or climb - wiiierd stuff - 

Kind of feel like a second class customer here, without dev response to an addon breaking bug, while the first class customers get replies a plenty and a hotfix out in no time...

Yes, it is weekend, I know. Unfortunately that also means more than a few of your paying customers want to use this time to fly their freshly updated CRJ but can not due to this issue. Maybe sacrifice an hour of your Sunday to provide an acknowledgement of the issue and let us know it is being worked on instead of leaving us hanging.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gents, what do you expect? Have you ever checked the system requirements?

„Controller with throttle channel“

5 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

I expect something that was working before and gets broken with an update, to be restored to its previously functioning state.

3 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

All well and true, but how was it that it worked before on the a game pad/keyboard beforehand? There was clearly something that allowed it to work with a gamepad/keyboard and considering that MSFS coming to Xbox console wouldn’t it be wise to support a gamepad device since the majority of Xbox console users will be using gamepads. Unfortunately due to the recent events of pandemic I had to sell a lot of things off to stay financially afloat which included my X55’s which saddened me. But just thinking about how it’s going to work out in future for the release on consoles. 

Archived