1.0.3 Flight Director Not correct?

Skylar Hutter

26 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

He was specifically referring to developers. Not for all questions being asked in this forum developers are needed to provide an answer.

I was also referring to developers. I trust that they will respond in due course, as its not merely a question being asked in this thread.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's an issue that we are aware. However we are still investigating what exactly is causing this issue. But we hear that it's an issue that many of you are experiencing and want to get fixed so we'll see what we can do. Thanks for the feedback.

27 minutes ago, johnjohn52 said:

I have the same problem, but FWIW you can switch to "Single Cue" Flight Director Mode in settings to get a flight director that works

At least for myself, single cue was also off by a decent amount.

12 hours ago, Secondator said:

It's an issue that we are aware. However we are still investigating what exactly is causing this issue. But we hear that it's an issue that many of you are experiencing and want to get fixed so we'll see what we can do. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Secondator said:

glad to hear you're aware it's an issue many people are experiencing.  however, the question is: do you see the same on your end?  or just didn't notice it until pointed out by many people?  this FD offset issue stares at us in the face so hope it gets a quick patch and gets us on the way towards a more complete CRJ model.

The flight director position comes from MSFS itself, and something changed in SU4 that affected the way it displays. The core code in the CRJ did not change for this particular function 

Unfortunately, only one member of the development and testing staff had early access to SU4, and although this bug may well have been present in the SU4 beta, (which itself changed several times before the final public release), the FD problem simply was not noticed, as the testing focus was on other areas. Testers using the new update in original SU3 MSFS did not have the issue.

It was an oversight, for which we apologize. Hans has changed the scaling factor in the display routine that draws the FD which has restored it to the correct position. 

While Aerosoft was able to push out a very quick hotfix for the throttle issue last week, I cannot promise the same for this particular problem, since the process of issuing updates via the Aerosoft updater vs. Marketplace is rather complex. Please do not start a new debate about that - it is what it is.

We recognize that the misplaced vertical FD command bar is not correct, and an annoyance. It does not affect the correct functioning of the autopilot, but I will be the first to agree that it is distracting. It will be fixed for all users - but I can give no ETA on an update.

41 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

We recognize that the misplaced vertical FD command bar is not correct, and an annoyance. 

The solution is perfectly simple. Just do what real world pilots do. Turn the autopilot on and hope for the best!

17 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

The flight director position comes from MSFS itself, and something changed in SU4 that affected the way it displays. The core code in the CRJ did not change for this particular function 

Unfortunately, only one member of the development and testing staff had early access to SU4, and although this bug may well have been present in the SU4 beta, (which itself changed several times before the final public release), the FD problem simply was not noticed, as the testing focus was on other areas. Testers using the new update in original SU3 MSFS did not have the issue.

It was an oversight, for which we apologize. Hans has changed the scaling factor in the display routine that draws the FD which has restored it to the correct position. 

While Aerosoft was able to push out a very quick hotfix for the throttle issue last week, I cannot promise the same for this particular problem, since the process of issuing updates via the Aerosoft updater vs. Marketplace is rather complex. Please do not start a new debate about that - it is what it is.

We recognize that the misplaced vertical FD command bar is not correct, and an annoyance. It does not affect the correct functioning of the autopilot, but I will be the first to agree that it is distracting. It will be fixed for all users - but I can give no ETA on an update.

Thanks for the word on this.

May I propose an out of the box idea to get around the update cycle issue...

Would it be possible for Aerosoft to provide (via a forum download) a mod to temporarily fix the Flight Director? I'm thinking it could just be a folder called "AS_FDFix_02Jun21" or something that we could drop into the Community folder. Then once the product gets updated through the normal channels, we just delete the folder and drive on.

I don't know if it's even possible, but I like to fly FD a lot so this issue will be a downer for me if it persists for a long time.

Thanks!

Matt Smith

5 hours ago, Matt S said:

Would it be possible for Aerosoft to provide (via a forum download) a mod to temporarily fix the Flight Director? I'm thinking it could just be a folder called "AS_FDFix_02Jun21" or something that we could drop into the Community folder. Then once the product gets updated through the normal channels, we just delete the folder and drive on.

I don't know if it's even possible, but I like to fly FD a lot so this issue will be a downer for me if it persists for a long time.

Thanks!

Matt Smith

That would be a decision for @Mathijs Kok, but offhand, the answer is probably “no”, because the Marketplace version is encrypted.

vor 6 Stunden , Matt S sagte:

Thanks!

Matt Smith

i dont think that will work with WASM code. But im not a developer and could be wrong.

The default planes use JS/HTML and is basically editable with any text rditor, so its easy to just overwrite it by dropping new code in the community folder. WASM code has to be compiled/decompiled, so, i guess, you cant just „overwrite“ it by dropping in the community folder.

also it would not begood for AS to provide updates in a „unofficial“ way, it surely would generate more issues and backlash in the end. we just have to be patient for a proper solution.

1 hour ago, Sandro Vitalini said:

i dont think that will work with WASM code. But im not a developer and could be wrong.

The default planes use JS/HTML and is basically editable with any text rditor, so its easy to just overwrite it by dropping new code in the community folder. WASM code has to be compiled/decompiled, so, i guess, you cant just „overwrite“ it by dropping in the community folder.

also it would not begood for AS to provide updates in a „unofficial“ way, it surely would generate more issues and backlash in the end. we just have to be patient for a proper solution.

Makes sense. I think the proper solution was not buying from the marketplace in the first place. I was trying to keep it simple (one account, one install/update path), but alas there can be no winning or fun in Flightsim...you just keep struggling to make things work properly and then you die lol.

The perfectly simple solution for me was to rollback to 1.0.0.1. Like someone said here, I like to fly with FD long after takeoff  and often during approach if the weather is ok. This way I can practice my skills to hand fly the plane.

For the moment I can live without 1.0.3 or 4 improvements. But floating everywhere FD is a real killer for me. So 1.0.0.1. And even with MSFS SU4, that works fine for me. At least for what I need. It's like Nvidia drivers,  sometimes better install an older version and wait for next Update. 

Archived