1.0.3 Flight Director Not correct?

Skylar Hutter

First flight after the update, the FD seems to be off for all stages of flight. It is generally "right" but it is well below where it normally would be. This applies to both Single and Dual cue.

Level flight on a heading:

https://i.imgur.com/LSQYaLd.png

Turning:

https://i.imgur.com/OcTCBp5.png

Yea, I'm seconding this. First thing I saw when in the air.

Edit: It's actually off so bad that you can't hand fly the plane or it will decent on level flight... And not climb as it should. This is bad. :(

Please login to display this image.

Climb

Level

How was this released, I really can't understand.

Why is AP not following FD in the first place? FD should be the boss and AP simply enable servos or what ever which follow the FD. There should not be separate AP logic. What is the AP exactly doing now?

GS. Same vertical difference. AP flew it well but hand flying with FD would not have been possible.

I don't believe that the FD is actually "wrong" under the hood...  The CUEs align on my external FIP Gauges PFDs...  So that is the Data that the SIM is sending out on Simconnect ...

It's seems more like the PFD is displaying the Line in the wrong place....  I did an ILS into CYOW at lunch and I see all the same stuff.. including that the Glide Slope Diamond stays smack on approach...  Then in my external FIPs I do see the FD Bars are in the correct spot...

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

I don't believe that the FD is actually "wrong" under the hood...  The CUEs align on my external FIP Gauges PFDs...  So that is the Data that the SIM is sending out on Simconnect ...

It's seems more like the PFD is displaying the Line in the wrong place....  I did an ILS into CYOW at lunch and I see all the same stuff.. including that the Glide Slope Diamond stays smack on approach...  Then in my external FIPs I do see the FD Bars are in the correct spot...

It absolutely flies properly, so it just seems to be displaying off I would agree.

What are you using for the extgernal FIPs if you don't mind me asking?

Hi all:

This is my first flight since the patch and I haven't shot the approach yet, but I wanted to show that so far I haven't seen what you are experiencing. It is tracking properly so far. Are you seeing it when in HDG mode? Hope you get it figured out and if you want me to try anything let me know if i can help...

1 minute ago, vegasjon777 said:

Hi all:

This is my first flight since the patch and I haven't shot the approach yet, but I wanted to show that so far I haven't seen what you are experiencing. It is tracking properly so far. Are you seeing it when in HDG mode? Hope you get it figured out and if you want me to try anything let me know if i can help...

You don't see that pink horizontal line that is well below where it should be? Because you're having the exact same problem.

37 minutes ago, Skylar Hutter said:

You don't see that pink horizontal line that is well below where it should be? Because you're having the exact same problem.

Also, try any configuration other than level flight and it might be more pronounced. But it is definitely visible in your screenshot.

2 hours ago, Skylar Hutter said:

It absolutely flies properly, so it just seems to be displaying off I would agree.

What are you using for the extgernal FIPs if you don't mind me asking?

I am using the Logitech Flight Instrument Panels..  But using the Fipgauges.com Custom Gauges... Via Spad.Next ..  I don't use any logitech software as it is really old and crapy :)

7 hours ago, vegasjon777 said:

Hi all:

Like others also pointed out it's clearly in your picture too. Disable AP and follow FD which is downwards. You'll decent...

Same problem here. Was really happy with this bird before patch. What happened?. Like always I will wait and hope... Can't do anything else. Fortunately I kept the older version so I'll reinstall the 1.0.1 for the moment.

I really don't understand how an obvious thing like this can pass the release tests...

21 minutes ago, aaphebus said:

I really don't understand how an obvious thing like this can pass the release tests...

+1

Only thing I can think of is that they test on a different build of the sim than what got pushed as SU4. Otherwise they might need to go see if it is time for glasses (I joke, I joke). But yeah, weird to see something obvious like this slip through.

1 hour ago, RF pilot said:

Could this be due to AOA?  

No, it's all the time and despite of AoA the AP should always try to aim for FD. Now it doesn't happen.

7 hours ago, CRJay said:

Only thing I can think of is that they test on a different build of the sim than what got pushed as SU4. Otherwise they might need to go see if it is time for glasses (I joke, I joke). But yeah, weird to see something obvious like this slip through.

just reinstalled the 1.0.0.1 .. Work way better in many ways for me, FD is also OK... Really don't understand anything. But I'll keep this one.

See the same issue here. Just my first flight with the plane after yesterdays patch and the throttle hotfix tonight. It is really obvious and really caught me by surprise shortly after takeoff. At least it is only a visual issue and the plane is still flying fine. 

It's not visual only if you try to fly without AP.

17 minutes ago, Dadriel said:

See the same issue here. Just my first flight with the plane after yesterdays patch and the throttle hotfix tonight. It is really obvious and really caught me by surprise shortly after takeoff. At least it is only a visual issue and the plane is still flying fine. 

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Please understand that it is weekend.

Fair enough. But I think the poster is trying to highlight the fact that it being the weekend does not seem to apply to other topics in this aircraft forum.

• Deputy Sheriffs

He was specifically referring to developers. Not for all questions being asked in this forum developers are needed to provide an answer.

Archived