I can report that if instructions are followed update was smooth and no issues.

Crabby

My update when well also... Most of my control bindings via Spad.Next were fine..  My only change is that you can't use the Throttle Position LVAR to move the Throttle to the Cut Off location.. It will pop back up to where the Axis variable is set too.. Not a deal breaker for me since I understand the massive issues for those that use Bindings in the SIM were going through thrust issues..

Good news On SpadNext.  I use Axis and Ohs and everything came back too.  I will look a the cut off thing in AAO.  I am pretty sure it worked, but really didn't pay attention to it.

Just checked and the cut off to idle is working as normal.  I use the AAO RPN scripts from FlightSimFlyBoy

Sorry I don't know if i did this correctly, I just downloaded the full installer and installed over the top.

Was this incorrect?

4 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

Except if you purchased on the Marketplace. Keeps giving error messages when attempting to download.  Says PACKAGE FAILED.

Mine was bought in the MSFS Marketplace...  It downloaded and installed just fine for me.

8 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

Except if you purchased on the Marketplace. Keeps giving error messages when attempting to download.  Says PACKAGE FAILED.

I know this does not help now, but in the future if you can get an add on you want outside of the Market Place do so.  You have far more control if you do.  If I see something by chance on the market place and I want it, I get it from the developer or publisher and only do otherwise as a last resort.

8 hours ago, ridgey said:

Sorry I don't know if i did this correctly, I just downloaded the full installer and installed over the top.

Was this incorrect?

I posted this on another thread too.  If you ever receive an update that is delivered via a full install package, completely remove the old install.  This goes for any addon from any place.  Your sim life will be a lot better off.

4 hours ago, Crabby said:

I know this does not help now, but in the future if you can get an add on you want outside of the Market Place do so.  You have far more control if you do.  If I see something by chance on the market place and I want it, I get it from the developer or publisher and only do otherwise as a last resort.

Prior to this update i would agree, but being told we would have recieived the updates earlier by ordering through the developer has now gone. Yesterdays issues were a prime example. We had to wait until the update was launched on the Market Place. I also find it strange how the issue was caused simply by the fact that Aersoft only tested with dual axis throttles. I think you may find single axis throttles are more common out there.this covers the majority.

6 hours ago, Car147 said:

Prior to this update i would agree, but being told we would have recieived the updates earlier by ordering through the developer has now gone. Yesterdays issues were a prime example. We had to wait until the update was launched on the Market Place. I also find it strange how the issue was caused simply by the fact that Aersoft only tested with dual axis throttles. I think you may find single axis throttles are more common out there.this covers the majority.

yes, it is too late for some and the advice was moving forward.  I have also found that whatever gear we have we think that is the majority.  For example I cannot fathom a world in which the majority does not have an Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo and MFG Crosswind pedals.  Of course just a few months ago I thought that almost everyone flew with a Thrustmaster T16000 too.  I believe we would be surprised what the "majority" is flying and in actuality how small a percentage that "majority" would be.  What needs to be understood is that developers cannot be expected to design to or test to an all cases system.  If they did it would end up being some watered down happy medium that at least half the people would hate.  What you can expect out of a developer is that problems are allowed to be reported, the real problems (those not attributed to things like "I don't have time to read a manual or I am overclocking with liquid nitrogen or other user caused crap) are identified and they are fixed to the best of what the technology allows.  As far as planes go, having been doing this since the Sublogic Flight Simulator in 1978, I can tell you that Aerosoft, PMDG, Majestic, Leonardo and Quality Wings (anyone left out of this list is because they either don't develop any longer or I never used them so don't know) do this on the payware side.  Do they do it at my or anyone else's schedule and demand? No.  They should not be expected to.  They all learn from things though.  For example, I bet you a steak dinner that Aerosoft will now include a few single axis users on beta testing.  In the end this is all we can ask.  If you have used any other software, like Windows for example, you know that the response to issues and requests is night and day with what we see out of sim developers.  The other thing that must be frustrating to developers is the "I know it works that way but I don't want to do it that way crowd".  For example, I believe that very quickly a work around was found for the single axis issue.  I don't have that issue, but saw the work around before I updated.  Yet so many posted "My throttles are broke" posts for HOURS after that, that quite frankly made me sit around and laugh. 

One last piece of advice.  Don't be in a rush to update ANYTHING on a computer.  When video drivers come out look at forum posts and see what the results are.  Early on when I updated drivers just to update, I spent countless days undoing that update and at times having to re-install entire systems.  Same with flight sim updates (except of course MSFS which in good ole Windows fashion forces the updates on you), spend a bit of time making sure crap won't hit the fan.  For the CRJ, I was completely happy flying it as it was before the update, so instead of missing days trying to unfix something that for me was not broken, I came over here and perused the experiences, weighed the results, compared to my current situation and then proceeded to update.  10 minutes later, I am happy flying camper.

What instructions are you referring to?  The only "instruction" I have seen from anyone/anything affiliated with Aerosoft was a single line of small text in the Aerosoft installer which said, basically, "don't use the installer". 

They haven't even updated the latest releases thread, let alone instruct customers how to install the update properly step by step?

Then if one should have a problem, one must figure out how to properly diagnose and categorize it.  I had a problem, and I had to try to fit it into some category where it might be noticed and responded to.  And, in my opinion, it's not a customer's job to figure out the source of a problem.  As an example, if I have a problem with my car, I take it to the dealer and they figure it out.  I don't have to diagnose my own issue - the person who sold me the product does that.  I don't know cars, and I rely on them to assist.  

I suggest that the moderators just create a sub-forum called "Questions or Problems with the Latest Update" to make it easier for people to find answers and/or to at least be able to find out if someone else is having the same problem that they are.  Love it or hate it, there are now a lot of new beginners out there who haven't been into this hobby for long.  

What if you problem with the car is you don't know how to run the ignition on?  How many times do we see threads started "I just installed/updated CRJ and now my blah blah blah doesn't work!" only to followed shortly by "Never mind, I forgot to (insert brain fart here).  When you depend on others to diagnose a problem, then you lose control.  When I take my care to the shop I tell them what I think is going on, something like "hey my brakes need checked, not "hey my car won't stop".  But hey, I guess it sucks being self-sufficient.  I must spend to much time enjoying my sim and CRJ instead of criticizing the practices of those who provided it to me.  Silly me.

I can confirm the above after installing the V1.0.3.0 update everything works fine after three long flights, two things I noticed:

1- EFB has the information from my last flight before uninstalling, did not bother me much.

2- The throttle -at cruise phase- went from crazy up and down and all over the place, the kind of throttle that I can not leave my place for two minutes without checking, evolved into the throttle that so calm, mature and so cool I can leave for 15 minutes without issues, I even thought it had become an auto throttle in some sort, but after monitoring it, the speed of the aircraft is affected by wind direction, turbulence and AoA then I have to adjust it accordingly. 

Now what I am worried about is, all issues I see people reporting and complaining about in the forums, did not happen to me so should I update to the V1.0.4.0  or not?? Any advice will be appreciated.  

Thanks 

Oh no, someone took offense at a post and so bravely and anonymously down voted it.  How will I ever get over this? 

7 hours ago, alaaar said:

I can confirm the above after installing the V1.0.3.0 update everything works fine after three long flights, two things I noticed:

1- EFB has the information from my last flight before uninstalling, did not bother me much.

2- The throttle -at cruise phase- went from crazy up and down and all over the place, the kind of throttle that I can not leave my place for two minutes without checking, evolved into the throttle that so calm, mature and so cool I can leave for 15 minutes without issues, I even thought it had become an auto throttle in some sort, but after monitoring it, the speed of the aircraft is affected by wind direction, turbulence and AoA then I have to adjust it accordingly. 

Now what I am worried about is, all issues I see people reporting and complaining about in the forums, did not happen to me so should I update to the V1.0.4.0  or not?? Any advice will be appreciated.  

Thanks 

LOL I was thinking the same thing after 0.3.0.  I will say that I updated to 0.4.0 and flew two flights with no issues.  I believe there was a minor fix in that version besides the single throttle fix.  I am glad to know that someone else got a working copy of the CRJ and updates.  I was beginning to think I was the only one! 

• Herman locked this topic

Archived