Updater Issue

Lude2Envy

The Aerosoft Update is showing an update for the MSFS CRJ 1.0.3.0, but the update button is grayed out. Does this update require a full reinstall or is it an issue with the updater? Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, if you would read the message in the left, you would have recognized that only a full installer is available

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

Well, if you would read the message in the left, you would have recognized that only a full installer is available

It is necessary to uninstall the existing CRJ ? 

Thank You

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, pilota57 said:

It is necessary to uninstall the existing CRJ ? 

Thank You

Of course. Always uninstall the old add-on before you install a new version.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Of course. Always uninstall the old add-on before you install a new version.

Thank You for quick replay.

Last question: whats happends with my settings like configs in tablet, throttle (TCA quadrant), saved views etc. ?

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

I read the entire message in the Updater. It doesn't say anywhere about having to do a full install. It just says a "New Installer Is Available For This Product." No need to be an ass about it.

6 minutes ago, Lude2Envy said:

I read the entire message in the Updater. It doesn't say anywhere about having to do a full install. It just says a "New Installer Is Available For This Product." No need to be an ass about it.

Agreed -- while I assumed it was the case that you have to do a full install with the button disabled, that's not entirely clear from the message -- it was true in the last patch that a new full installer was released even though the updater worked. In any case, I take the messaging with a grain of salt considering it currently shows this for me. And yes, I understand that it's just a strangely-worded way of telling me that I'm allowing it to check for experimental updates, but the wording is confusing.

Please login to display this image.

28 minutes ago, Aplato said:

Agreed -- while I assumed it was the case that you have to do a full install with the button disabled, that's not entirely clear from the message -- it was true in the last patch that a new full installer was released even though the updater worked. In any case, I take the messaging with a grain of salt considering it currently shows this for me. And yes, I understand that it's just a strangely-worded way of telling me that I'm allowing it to check for experimental updates, but the wording is confusing.

Please login to display this image.

It says "No updates available for this product" now after you uninstall the old version and install 1.0.3.0. It does not say that with the previous version installed.

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, Aplato said:

As you are on v1.0.3.0 there is of course no update available for you. That is the latest version.

Before you installed v1.0.3.0 it showed that there is an update available and that you need to download it from your shop account.

Nothing wrong here!

• Deputy Sheriffs
55 minutes ago, Lude2Envy said:

This is what it said (the highlighting has been added by me):

image.png

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, Capt Shark said:

The latest patch does not update through MSFS Content Manager. Just keeps going in a loop followed by a "Failed to Download" message.

If you purchased your CRJ through the marketplace and have problems with downloading from there you need to get in touch with Microsoft support. There is nothing Aerosoft can do here.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

If you purchased your CRJ through the marketplace and have problems with downloading from there you need to get in touch with Microsoft support. There is nothing Aerosoft can do here.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/

Thanks.  I'm already on the MSFS forums and researching. It was just a comment as I'm sure many others have encountered this issue.

40 minutes ago, Capt Shark said:

Thanks.  I'm already on the MSFS forums and researching. It was just a comment as I'm sure many others have encountered this issue.

I had this issue myself.. In the content manager just delete it and reinstall, and it will work :)

2 hours ago, quasiguru said:

I had this issue myself.. In the content manager just delete it and reinstall, and it will work :)

Thanks! I'm in the Content Manager but currently it says NOT INSTALLED.  2.44GB download.  It won't let me delete it since it doesn't think it's there, so I'll try to "re-download" and re-install.  

@quasiguru It downloaded and appeared to install okay, but when loading a flight I got a CTD.  I did not reboot after the download/install.  Well, CTD again. I'm going to delete it again and retry. Wow.

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

This is what it said (the highlighting has been added by me):

Yes that's what it said. It still doesn't say that's the only way to update it, just to download a new installer. PMDG is courteous enough to tell us when a full reinstall is required for an update instead of just using some vague language like that. It'd be nice if Aerosoft did the same.

• Developer

Well, while I can of course change the text in the updater, I have to ask one question: why isn't this clear enough? It says "new installer" and "download from shop account" (which could also mean Simmarket and other third party shops, so it doesn't say "Aerosoft shop"). Where is this vague?

1 minute ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Well, while I can of course change the text in the updater, I have to ask one question: why isn't this clear enough? It says "new installer" and "download from shop account" (which could also mean Simmarket and other third party shops, so it doesn't say "Aerosoft shop"). Where is this vague?

I think the question is: Should or should you not uninstall the old version before installing the new version, or should it be treated as an update where you keep the old version and the update overwrites the old files.

Best regards Jan

• Developer
8 minutes ago, janjoensson said:

I think the question is: Should or should you not uninstall the old version before installing the new version, or should it be treated as an update where you keep the old version and the update overwrites the old files.

Best regards Jan

To be honest, I never uninstall any old versions and never came across a problem. An uninstall usually only makes sense when something didn't work before, so any configuration files etc. get removed to make sure they get newly created. A reinstall usually overwrites everything.

A reboot before installing a new version makes much more sense than an uninstall, as it ensures that no MSFS or P3D remains are blocking the system from overwriting files.

If you want to reset the CRJ, the best way is to remove the m-files and the work folder (you will lose all settings and flightplans when you do this!!!).

2 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

To be honest, I never uninstall any old versions and never came across a problem. An uninstall usually only makes sense when something didn't work before, so any configuration files etc. get removed to make sure they get newly created. A reinstall usually overwrites everything.

A reboot before installing a new version makes much more sense than an uninstall, as it ensures that no MSFS or P3D remains are blocking the system from overwriting files.

If you want to reset the CRJ, the best way is to remove the m-files and the work folder (you will lose all settings and flightplans when you do this!!!).

Thank you very much for this quick and clear answer! I just downloaded and installed the new version without uninstalling the old and as far as I can see everything is working perfect. Very smooth installation process.

I really love the CRJ! Have a nice weekend.

10 hours ago, quasiguru said:

Hey Quasiguru, after a couple of CTDs, I gave it a break and came back to it and this time I deleted my Roaming Cache and some pre-cached areas. I also re-checked the Content Manager and another update appeared. I successfully downloaded and installed. Same result and CTDs. Next went in to my Community folder and removed all the 3rd Party Liveries.  Tried it again and loaded fine! I just taxied around KATL and all was okay.  Only thing missing now is my United Express CRJ 550 livery which I never removed. Any way, it looks like it was the 3rd Party liveries.  I'll test it out a little more.

5 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

Hey Quasiguru, after a couple of CTDs, I gave it a break and came back to it and this time I deleted my Roaming Cache and some pre-cached areas. I also re-checked the Content Manager and another update appeared. I successfully downloaded and installed. Same result and CTDs. Next went in to my Community folder and removed all the 3rd Party Liveries.  Tried it again and loaded fine! I just taxied around KATL and all was okay.  Only thing missing now is my United Express CRJ 550 livery which I never removed. Any way, it looks like it was the 3rd Party liveries.  I'll test it out a little more.

Yeah my CRJ550 UAL Livery is gone now too. I am glad to hear you are functional now though.

Archived