Correct installation of CRJ-update?

janjoensson

Hi!

I have tried to find information about the correct way of updating the CRJ, but havent found. Sorry if I missed something I should have read somewhere else...

I downloaded the new file from my Aerosoft account, unziped and executed the installationfile. Everything went well. Did a testflight and everything is okey. However I see some saying they first uninstalled the old version and then installed the new. Which is the correct way? Should I uninstall and then reinstall with the new version or is it fine to just update like I did?

By the way, I absolutely love this aircraft!

Thank you! Best regards // Jan

I got that "issue" as i renamed the crj folder to be matched up with the navigraph fms data manager ( that was the reason if i remember correctly). After the install of the update i deleted the old one and renamed the new installed one as it was before the update.

But if you do not change or rename things you should be good to go

It looks like I don't have any option but to remove and reinstall it as the Aerosoft Updater shows the update as available but the "Update selected product" button is disabled.

Please login to display this image.

I am able to download the updated installer from the store without issues, but I hope there is not a limited number of activations tied to the serial number.

I noticed this as well. I did go into add/remove programs and removed the plane that way, then I re-installed with the new version. I am pretty sure it is not due to an activation thing.

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, Aplato said:

It looks like I don't have any option but to remove and reinstall it as the Aerosoft Updater shows the update as available but the "Update selected product" button is disabled.

Please have a closer look:

Please login to display this image.

Will the installer, uninstall The previous version first, before installing the updated version?. Hope to get her in the air tomorrow afternoon  Thanks for updating this Aircraft.

Dave.

Archived