LSGG - no AI ATC taxiing instructions?

Ruler

Hello to Aerosoft team and to colleagues flightsim enthusiasts!

A few days ago I bought and installed Aerosoft Geneva Professional (P3DV5 V2003) and found a strange problem. In fact, two of them, because I also had an experience with „flying SODE jetbridges“, but I solved it quickly with Guenter's sim.cfg file from the other topic nearby. (I was little surprised that the file is not already replaced in installation package, but never mind, jetbridges works well now.) Thank you, Mathijs and Guenter!

I am receiving AI ATC clearance as usual, but when I ask for taxiing instructions – there is no response. Neither by voice, neither textual. But ATC Ground (118.700) obviously answering, because the option for turning on progressive taxi appears soon and when turned on, there are yellow arrows as they supposed to be. It is the same with AI traffic (I have Traffic Global installed) – it asks for taxiing, no response, but then start to move normally.

I also noticed that textures for runways and grass around them are more blurry than I expected – maybe it is normally for this add-on, but maybe it is some hint about what is going on? Maybe it is important to say that I'm also using orbx global base / p3dv5 vector / open lc Europe, but there are no any issues with other Aerosoft's add-ons like Heathrow, Frankfurt or Zagreb (but there is also an FTX option in configurators, Geneva doesn't have it).

In my P3Dv5 Scenery Library Geneva is on the top, all other add-ons are below it.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen?

It seems that I’m the only one here that still uses AI ATC on P3Dv5. :)

In the meantime, I’m little more confused because Prepar3d’s ATC uses same frequency for Geneva Ground and Geneva Tower (118.700) and Aerosoft’s product manual says 118.700 and 119.700 for Tower and 121.680 for Ground... (the latter one I can’t even dial at comm panel).

Well, if anyone can give me a hint if I’m doing something wrong or it is a bug in this add-on... it will be appreciated.

Many thanks for the effort, I changed the af2_lsgg_sode file with yours, frequencies are changed now but the problem still occurs – Geneva Ground (now on 119.7) stays muted during taxiing instructions, as well as my answer when I repeat the instructions.

I noticed one more interesting thing: the voice and text are "muted“ only when only when the taxi route is pronounced. This time I didn't press the button for answering on time, and after a while I heard the controller that asks me for acknowledging.

Here is the window with this conversation, you can also notice here that after „muted instructions“ I was able to turn on progressive taxi as usual...

Spooky.

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...

Hello again,
I'm editing the post that I wrote seven hours ago, when I was surprised that LSGG suddenly works without any problems: after a while I landed there and I was able to hear AI ATC taxi instructions loud and clear! I thought and I reported here – don't know how and why, but problem solved itself!
But now, new flight, this time departure from LSGG... the problem continues. Obviously, it persists if I take a new flight from Geneva; if it is flight TO Geneva, works fine.
This time also asked AI ATC for ATIS... it said to me that there are runways 4R and 4L in use?!
What is going on? If there is nothing wrong with Aerosoft's LSGG itself, what could else cause this? Should I call the exorcist?

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm trying to find the interference. Here are ORBX global base + open LC Europe and Traffic Global in the area... So far, no luck.

(My investigation slowed down regarding my RL obligations...)

Archived