FD vertical navigation problem

I've noticed this too. Just did a full flight between EKCH & ESGG, flight director throughout the flight was around 2.5 degrees below the actual nose position with AP on.

Here's an example:

Please login to display this image.

]

I am still investigating whether an issue with the airport or navdata regards how far it was off the localiser too here. However, this particular image is the the only one I had taken so far that demonstrates the issue. This nose/FD position seemed to be consistent with this throughout the whole flight. A friend of mine said he had also noticed the same thing too.

Same here, FD consistently indicating a pitch instruction 2,5-3 degrees lower than the autopilot is maintaining. Autopilot seems to be in the right though since it is keeping the instructed speed or vertical speed, so something seems to have gone wrong with the flight director logic.

I have the same issue. This is present on the FD in Single or Dual cue, as well as in the HUD -- not that I can ever seem to see the circle anyways?

There are several threads about this. FD is completely broken vertically, I don't get it how this can be released.

Edit: Not only vertically. AP and FD are somehow completely separate which is unrealistic. AP should follow FD and that's it. Now AP does one thing and FD another. Here is example from a stable turn. FD and AP are not agreeing a one bit what should be done.

9 hours ago, Secondator said:

A bit more information would be good. What exactly is not working and in what kind of situations?

do you not see these reported odd FD on your setup?

Archived