My throttle doesn't work after Update 1.0.0.3

@Hans Hartmann Well. I have to correct a bit myself. My "trick" worked only the first time I did it from scracth. Later on it is not working again anymore -.-

TO be much more precise.

When the a/c creates for the FIRST time the "m-files" from scratch all throttles are working well to me (and ONLY with a default livery/model...) --> i.e. I used the Lufthansa regional at the beginning.

If I then try to "load" a second flight with another livery of the standards (i.e. American...) I have AGAIN the issue. Throttle axis blocked.

Same fi I reselect the Lufthansa which was working well, axis blocked again.

What I can deduct is the fact the on the "first" time the M-files are created, seems to work both axis as before.
From the SECOND flight loaded onward, they are blocked.

I tried several times up to now to then close the sim, DELETE those files, and reload a new flight...and everytime is "working" again only on the FIRST load ever......

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer
2 minutes ago, Andrea P. said:

@Hans Hartmann Well. I have to correct a bit myself. My "trick" worked only the first time I dead it from scracth. Later on it is not working again anymore -.-

TO be much more precise.

When the a/c creates for the FIRST time the "m-files" from scratch all throttles are working well to me (and ONLY with a default livery/model...) --> i.e. I used the Lufthansa regional at the beginning.

If I then try to "load" a second flight with another livery of the standards (i.e. American...) I have AGAIN the issue. Throttle axis blocked.

Same fi I reselect the Lufthansa which was working well, axis blocked again.

What I can deduct is the fact the on the "first" time the M-files are created, seems to work both axis as before.
From the SECOND flight loaded onward, they are blocked.

I tried several times up to now to then close the sim, DELETE those files, and reload a new flight...and everytime is "working" again only on the FIRST load ever......

Can you try with just restarting the Sim without deleting any files?

Re: Andrea’s comment about those m files - my folder used to have them, but now they never seem to be there anymore. Just some .cfg files. 

its like they’re not generated properly

Okay using Throttle 1 instead of Throttle did work, the lever now moves. I haven't done a full flight to confirm yet though, only take off.

Same issue here, came looking for a solution. Thrustmaster T flight HOTAS X, it was working fine before the latest update. It now doesn't see the throttle axis for raw value at all.

I uninstalled via the control panel add/remove programs and installed with the new installer and have this issue ever since. Regardless of the options on the calibration page, it does not see the throttle control at all. FS can see it no problem.

• Developer
1 minute ago, RF pilot said:

We really need a hotfix urgently. How did this pass the pre release testing?

Limited number of testers + not a problem that everybody has = it didn't show up. Simple as that.

Can someone from the dev team provide a full clean install step by step guide with all the hidden folder we need to delete? Maybe it will be solved like that.

• Developer

Note: If you think you need to disrupt the productive part of this thread and just post your frustration, then you will find your post deleted. You have been warned.

• Developer
1 minute ago, RF pilot said:

Hi Hans, fully understood. But please can we have a patch urgently. In the meantime I assume I can revert to the previous update?

I'm already working on it. But I do have a similar problem with the new SDK as you do with the throttle. Fortunately I always keep all previous SDK versions.

vor 22 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Very good. Thank you! You should be able to use the single axis setting with only THROTTLE 1 AXIS. If that works too, then we at least have a workaround. I will start looking for what causes the issue, so I can provide a fix asap.

@Floki Could you try this as well? Duplicate your current throttle profile and change THROTTLE AXIS to THROTTLE 1 AXIS.

I can confirm that when Throttle 1 Axis is set on a single axis Hotas seems to be a workaround. But still the Throttle Axis position values will not shown up during calibration and reverser does not work.

Setting Throttle 1 + 2 Axis on a single Hotas system seems the way to go. Throttle Axis Positions value will show up and reversers can be settup during calibration. 

Binding the single throttle axis to both throttle 1 and throttle 2 and setting the CRJ for dual axis throttle seems to work.

Also if updating the aircraft requires manual deletion of certain files, that instruction really should be included somewhere in the installation process.

7 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Can you try with just restarting the Sim without deleting any files?

@Hans Hartmann

I tried. Nothing, dead.

I deleted once again those "m files" from theusual folder, reloaded a flight (Lufthansa livery, same gate, same airport...) and at the FIRST attempt of flight works everything again.

I now just, after this FIRST working "loading of the flight", CLOSED the sim, reloaded the sim and reloaded the same aircraft, same stand and all.... dead again.

Definitely, looks like it is well working on the "first creation" and stop for me here. Maybe from the second load on is not able to "reload" something for those axis created before.........

I'm available for any further help I can give, I really want to have this CRJ working :D

Just it requires some time for all those checks everytime as all loading actions are taking a while.......

I also cannot compare other addons as, I guess, right now is the only aircraft developed to work in a sandbox with such "compiled files". All the others I have are much "easier" aa/cc and are still well working.

And just to recap again, before this big update, still having installed the Sim Update 4, the CRJ was working "as usual".

Hans, to revert back to the previous update (which I also keep) should I delete all files and folders relating to the crj in the Localcache and Localstate folders?

• Developer
Just now, RF pilot said:

Hans, to revert back to the previous update (which I also keep) should I delete all files and folders relating to the crj in the Localcache and Localstate folders?

Yes, I would strongly recommend this

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Andrea P. said:

@Hans Hartmann

I tried. Nothing, dead.

I deleted once again those "m files" from theusual folder, reloaded a flight (Lufthansa livery, same gate, same airport...) and at the FIRST attempt of flight works everything again.

I now just, after this FIRST working "loading of the flight", CLOSED the sim, reloaded the sim and reloaded the same aircraft, same stand and all.... dead again.

Definitely, looks like it is well working on the "first creation" and stop for me here. Maybe from the second load on is not able to "reload" something for those axis created before.........

I'm available for any further help I can give, I really want to have this CRJ working :D

Just it requires some time for all those checks everytime as all loading actions are taking a while.......

I also cannot compare other addons as, I guess, right now is the only aircraft developed to work in a sandbox with such "compiled files". All the others I have are much "easier" aa/cc and are still well working.

And just to recap again, before this big update, still having installed the Sim Update 4, the CRJ was working "as usual".

OK. I found the reason why my Visual Studio wouldn't compile. I'm now going to stop posting here and dig into the problem instead 🙂

I'll let you all know as soon as I have a solution.

vor 5 Minuten, RF pilot sagte:

OK thanks.  Any eta on when we can expect the hotfix?

Just relax and be patient - they're still trying to find out what is actually going wrong and are debugging things. It will come when it's ready.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, RF pilot said:

Please can the lights on the pack switches and PA etc also be fixed with the patch

Please do not mix up different problems in one topic. 

Archived