My throttle doesn't work after Update 1.0.0.3

Hello guys.

Today I was so happy to see the new CRJ version.

To make a clean installatio I uninstalled the previous version, I checked that all folders were cleaned up in the sim (included the State.cfg files).

I than installed from scratch the new CRJ version (installer from my Aerosoft account).

I also restarted the PC, started the SIM and loaded the a/c for a new flight at a stand, always as did tons of times in the last months.

I was expecting first of all to find the EFB settings "gone" as I have it uninstalled and reinstalled. Surprise, I found exactly the "same" settings I customized last time!! (why?).

Maybe "lucky" things is that the last version was "set" as I did... and I continued.

Did all the checks as usual and when I tried to move the THROTTLE AXIS...deads.

I checked on the EFB calibration part, here the values "observed" of my axis are ALWAYS FROZEN at -15395.

No way to have them "moving" and to "calibrate" it on the EFB.

My Logitech X56 is connected to the same USB port of last months.

I checked in the options of the sim and it is STILL configured on the two THROTTLE AXIS as before, nothing changed.

I also tried to re-configure the joystick in the sim, but the CRJ won't recognize it.

I tried already additional THREE time to uninstall and reinstall all.

NOTHING. The CRJ recognizes the joystick axis but not the throttles now.

Obviously...those axis are working elsewhere and WERE working up to yesterday afternoon on the previous CRJ version.

As I am stuck there, any good tip?

Main facts are:
1. Why is NOW not recognizing anymore the throttle axis?
2. Why the EFB was showing the "customized" options I had up to yesterday even after a full UNINSTALL and REINSTALL?

Thanks to everyone can help.

Andrea

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I found what happened about both points above.

Uninstalling the airplane it was NOT deleting this subfolder in the sim:

Please login to display this image.

Where are still all the previously used configuration files:

THis caused, I guess, the a/c to "reload" the old configuration files onto a changed aircraft and probably they are no more "compatible".

I now uninstalled the CRJ, then REMOVED manually also this folder, and reinstalled the CRJ again.

Finally the EFB is "showing" the "defaults" again to be modifed by me to the customized options I had and is also showing my throttle back alive.

Can you please ensure after an update or better, a "UNINSTALL" that such files are also deleted automatically?

Cheers

Andrea

41 minutes ago, Andrea P. said:

2. Why the EFB was showing the "customized" options I had up to yesterday even after a full UNINSTALL and REINSTALL?

You have to remove the CRJ folder in the LocalState as well... But it won't solve the issue with throttle.

4 minutes ago, Andrea P. said:

Finally the EFB is "showing" the "defaults" again to be modifed by me to the customized options I had and is also showing my throttle back alive.

Really ?? Why it doesn't work for me ?? oO

To me it solved. I deleted the WHOLE folder "aerosoft-crj" into the LocalState.

I REINSTALLED again from scratch the CRJ.

Now finally the first flight took some minutes to load (the CRJ recompiled all its files as it should).

Now It is also recognizing the axis.

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Andrea P. said:

To me it solved. I deleted the WHOLE folder "aerosoft-crj" into the LocalState.

I REINSTALLED again from scratch the CRJ.

Now finally the first flight took some minutes to load (the CRJ recompiled all its files as it should).

Now It is also recognizing the axis.

It is possible that the sim was using the old "m"-files (or parts of them) in this case. The uninstaller can't remove them as they are created by the simulator, not by the installer or CRJ.

However, I noticed that with Sim Update 4, sometimes (about every tenth start of the sim) the throttle really doesn't work for me (Thrustmaster TCA with throttle quadrant). Restarting the sim does the trick then. What happens in this case is, that Simconnect doesn't forward the throttle (and flaps and spoiler axes) input to the CRJ. Why this happens, is still under investigation. Note that this only happens for the axes that need "special treatment", not for the normal elevator, aileron and rudder controls.

• Developer
3 minutes ago, RF pilot said:

So to clarify, we have to delete all crj files in the localcache packages folder and also those in the localstate packages folder?

I wouldn't say all files, but the "m"-files that Andrea linked in his post:

Sometimes, deleting these helps to get rid of strange behavior after an update.

I don't know about the files in Localcache tbh. I myself only every deleted the ones in Localstate.

• Hans Hartmann changed the title to My throttle doesn't work after Update 1.0.0.3
  • Hans Hartmann featured and pinned this topic

Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue. I uninstalled the plane via the content manager, closed the sim and then removed the whole "aerosoft-crj" folder at <APPDATA>\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages. I then reinstalled the plane again via the content manager of the sim and started a new flight.

I'm using the Steam Edition of MSFS here and bought the plane on the MSFS store, maybe there is another place where I have to look for some old remnant files?

Also a bit weird is that the N2 in the plane is actually rising but the N1 stays stuck at 21.0. Almost feels like the throttle is only half recognized somehow.

Additionally. I also noticed how 2 liveries I had "external source" for the CRJ are also not working "well" anymore.

One is now causing crashes.

The other one is keeping all systems onboard dead.

I'll ask to the creators to check how they can ensure those liveries can be compatible again with this latest CRJ version.

What is the full path for where these files are located that we need to delete. I can't find it and my throttle is also dead. I am using a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

• Developer
3 minutes ago, J Chamberlain said:

I just recorded this in the sim, axis assignment window at 2:10 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VRtAExOyY

Thank you. It's just a hunch, but could you try using THROTTLE 1 AXIS instead of THROTTLE AXIS and let me know if that works?

7 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Thank you. It's just a hunch, but could you try using THROTTLE 1 AXIS instead of THROTTLE AXIS and let me know if that works?

Your hunch is correct, it works fine when using dual axis' but not when using single axis.

Video is still processing, but should be available shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXZmmB0CEbw

Ive had this issue in the past with working title CJ4 and i know several people had this with other planes, and this has resolved their issue, but check your documents folder for a simconnect file/folder (mine came from the kinetic assistant) and delete it, i removed the program too, might help. I dont have this issue, but legs page is useless, just tried 3 flights and rather than add airways to the legs page, it just deletes the next in the list so basically unusable after update

• Developer
Just now, J Chamberlain said:

Your hunch is correct, it works fine when using dual axis' but not when using single axis.

Very good. Thank you! You should be able to use the single axis setting with only THROTTLE 1 AXIS. If that works too, then we at least have a workaround. I will start looking for what causes the issue, so I can provide a fix asap.

@Floki Could you try this as well? Duplicate your current throttle profile and change THROTTLE AXIS to THROTTLE 1 AXIS.

I am using single axis and had to assign it to THROTTLE 1 AXIS instead of the THROTTLE AXIS. Works fine then. But need to restart the sim after landing because the throttle does not work at all anymore after loading at a new location...

• Developer
1 minute ago, CH4PZ said:

Ive had this issue in the past with working title CJ4 and i know several people had this with other planes, and this has resolved their issue, but check your documents folder for a simconnect file/folder (mine came from the kinetic assistant) and delete it, i removed the program too, might help. I dont have this issue, but legs page is useless, just tried 3 flights and rather than add airways to the legs page, it just deletes the next in the list so basically unusable after update

There's a number of new Simconnect variables and without trying to blame anyone, they don't make throttle handling exactly easier.

vor 11 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

I now tried that and moved my throttle assignment to "Throttle 1" in the Sim setting but that doesn't make the throttle work. Only difference I can see is that the N1 is not rising anymore ;)

I'm using a Saitek X52, so I only have the one axis to test.

Archived