Occasional loss of power

Kevin Sawyer

Every now and then when I am climbing the aircraft will all of a sudden start to lose power and no matter what I do, it continues to lose thrust. it doesn't happen every flight but when it does I have to restart because even if I start to descend it will continue to drop and I will fall out of the sky. Is this a known issue that will be addressed in the coming update? That's about the only bug I have run into so far with this amazing plane!

58 minutes ago, Kevin Sawyer said:

Every now and then when I am climbing the aircraft will all of a sudden start to lose power and no matter what I do, it continues to lose thrust. it doesn't happen every flight but when it does I have to restart because even if I start to descend it will continue to drop and I will fall out of the sky. Is this a known issue that will be addressed in the coming update? That's about the only bug I have run into so far with this amazing plane!

make sure you don't have Mixture assigned to a control...

When you say "lose thrust" in climb, is the engine power actually decreasing, or are you losing the ability to climb/maintain speed?

There have been a couple of threads on similar issues (topics you might search for):

• Phantom spoiler deployment / use of the Esc key
  • Icing set to visual only (still adds weight/drag)
  • Wing A/I uses significant bleed air, especially at higher altitude (~5% hit to N1)
  • Falling behind the power curve (climbing at too slow an airspeed)
  • Key-bindings

35 minutes ago, FlyByWire128 said:

When you say "lose thrust" in climb, is the engine power actually decreasing, or are you losing the ability to climb/maintain speed?

There have been a couple of threads on similar issues (topics you might search for):

• Phantom spoiler deployment / use of the Esc key
  • Icing set to visual only (still adds weight/drag)
  • Wing A/I uses significant bleed air, especially at higher altitude (~5% hit to N1)
  • Falling behind the power curve (climbing at too slow an airspeed)
  • Key-bindings

Thank you, I tried looking but I just didn't find those posts I guess. It is not a loss of thrust, it's the ability to climb/maintain airspeed. I'll be climbing and then I will watch as my speed starts to rapidly decrease followed by loss of altitude. I did not know pressing the ESC key caused phantom spoiler deployment, I haven't messed with the icing settings and I'm always careful to turn off anti-ice as soon as I can because I did know that caused a reduction in N1. I climb out at .74 Mach at least so that shouldn't be the issue. 

• Developer

The info on your problem is in the FAQ section. 
Suggest to download the update released today as factors that caused such behavior have been addressed by Microsoft and the developers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived