[GCTS Tenerife] Still ILS issues...

Er!k

@OPabst @Autopiloth Unfortunately I am still experiencing ILS issues with Tenerife. I tried after Sim Update 4 which also contains the new AIRAC update (2105). I have attached a screenshot where I am aligned to the runway, but again, the localizer is way off-set. Any help would be appreciated!

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, OPabst said:

Can reproduce the issue on both ILS, will fix it soon.

Thanks Oliver! Just also tested in the 787 and the same issue, glad you found the issue :)

• Developer

The problem is, that Asobo never defined, which Heading Value they what to have in the Ils heading parameter of there airport runway settings and could not explain it.

The FS, P3D will use the True heading, same as the runway (and any other headings in the xml code).

But the MSFS code needs the magnetic heading and the correct related Magvar Value, so the in result the Magnetic heading + Magvar results in the  true heading.

This implementation is critical, as the Magvar will change over time and so the Magnetic heading, but the Trueheading is fix as long as the runway is not rebuild with a other orientation. 
I hope, that they always read both values from the addon Airports data, otherwise all addons (not TFS releated) will get in trouble in future.

But anyway the concept is not really future oriented, as they have implemented a Navdata source they updated, but there is no concept to bind the ILS position (needs sometimes a small correction in Position to the rest of data of the Airdac set. When the airport change the frequency of a ILS, this is in there concept maybe effect the updated Navdataset and there default airport (when updated too), but not the data in he addons packets (independent of Marketplace or Community’s).

But now it is more or less to late to change the concept ;)

The corrected data for Tenerife are send to Aerosoft, I hope Installer is updated tomorrow to 1.0.1.0, include the fix. Maybe there will not be a ASUpdate Fixpack, because the SDK has changed today and the now packet is compiled with it. I think it is not a good idea to mix files of different SDKs.

• Developer

The Update to Version 1.0.1.0 is now available via ASUpdater.

- ILS corrected

- Building in plantation removed

• Developer

Use the ASUpdater, it’s independent to the Shop of Aerosoft or Simmarket.

Simple check for icon on your desktop.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived