Honeycomb Configurator don't work

Hi

I have the two versions of P3D on my computer (v4.5 and v5.1) I've installed Honeycomb configurator for Version 5 (2.1) and everything works as it should.

Having some trouble with P3Dv5 (VR) I decided to move back to v4.5 for a while. I downloaded the honeycomb P3Dv4 Configurator (v2.1) and installed it wthout any issue.

Starting the tool and a grey window appears nothing else (see pic).

I opened a ticket at honeycomb and aerosoft (3 days ago). Aerosoft answered to uninstall, restart computer, new install. (It doesn't work) Honeycomb no reaction at all.

I uninstalled the hole Honeycomb stuff (Conf v5, Conf v4, cleaned up everything). I've installed Conf v4 only, no difference. I add Conf v5 and this appear to work fine

but not Conf v4.

Anyone else who have seen this and have an idea what the rootcause may be?

Thanks.

Andreas

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi Andreas:

please make sure you are not installing into c:/ as what you are seeing indicate a writing rights issue. Also, have you tried running only with the v4 version installed?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.  I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 and want to use the throttle quadrant with X-Plane 11 (again latest version).  I can see that the Honeycomb Configurator Tool is in installed in the correct x-plane directory, which on my system happens to be the F: drive (F:\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\AFC_Bridge), but when I try to start the tool I too get the grey rectangle and nothing else.  I  have tried the uninstall, registry clean-up, reboot, reinstall, route but still no joy.  Any ideas? 🙂  

• Aerosoft

Hi,

please try "ctrl+shift+i" once the empty gray window has come up and see if there is any error message visible in the "Console" tab.

• 1 month later...

I have an error: "Uncaught Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\AFC_Bridge\userconfig.hcc.2631630479'"

• Aerosoft
vor 14 Stunden , Tomasz K sagte:

I have an error: "Uncaught Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, open 'D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\AFC_Bridge\userconfig.hcc.2631630479'"

Hi Thomas,

and you are also seeing that grey window error like the others above?

• Aerosoft

Guys,

can the rest please try and see if they get the same EPERM error by checking the console via "ctrl+shift+i"?

Please also try running the application as admin and see if that changes something.

• Aerosoft

I would definitely always start the configurator and the simulator as administrator.

It insure the program started has write access to the folders and files it needs.

Thank you.

• Aerosoft

Hi Tomasz,

Indeed write access is not always as straightforward as expected.

That is why it is always recommended to start every programs as administrator

It can't hurt at all ! 🙂

Best regards.

Archived