Honeycomb alpha and bravo with C H rudder pedals.

EXRAFFY

I have my throttle and yoke configured using the downloadable profiles from Aerosoft. My first attempts to use them, with the Aerosoft Twin Otter X extended, were a not very successful, as when I operated the brake pedals, on the C H rudder pedals, the throttles advanced proportionally to the pressure applied to the brakes. On checking the control allocations for both the throttles and rudder pedals both use the same axes. I am using the latest version of P3Dv4. Can anyone please help me to find a solution, as this is the first time I have managed to get the Honeycomb products to work in the sim, and fear it may be the same with my other add on aircraft?

Do I also have to add the buttons that are used in the configurator files to the P3D controls menu, and why do the buttons in the cockpit not move when switched, on the Honeycomb controllers, they do with other controllers?

Any assistance would be very much appreciated?

Stay safe,

Bill

• Aerosoft

Hi Bill,

our profiles and software only deal with buttons, not axis. So, in any case, you have to make sure you assign the axis you need via P3Ds control menu. Also generally, the two systems of assignment (P3D and Honeycomb Configurator) don't talk to each other at all, so you have to assure there are no double bindings between the buttons.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply. I do not know what to do, but I will try to figure something out. It has never happened before when I have used different manufacturers' products. The bindings have always been as allocated in the sim. I will continue to experement and who knows what will happen. 😉

• 5 weeks later...

Hi again,

I have tried and once again pressing the brake pedals moves the throttle levers. I have, using the profile editor, deleted the P3d defaults, loaded the profiles for the Aerosoft Twin Otter, made sure that there were no profiles in FSUIPC and, on checking the calibration files in the sim, found that the brakes and throttles are both bound to the same axes. Does anyone please know how to fix this issue, as although I have had the Alpha and Bravo for some time now, I have yet to manage to control an aircraft with them? Would I be better not using the Honeycomb software and calibrating in the sim with FSUIPC?  Can I also ask please where to obtain the necessary software to create individual profiles for each control quadrant in the hope that I can use these tools to set up my own profiles. I used to have 2 shortcuts, one for each controller, on my desktop, but now only have the Honeycomb configurator? 

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Hi again,

Someone somewhere must have the Honeycomb throttle and yoke set up with rudder pedals. I have tried with Saitek and C H pedals and every time I press a brake pedal it activates the aircraft throttles. I have solved the configurator problem, watched several different videos on U-Tube, but it always ends up with the above issue. Can anyone anywhere please help with this issue as all I have at present are expensive desk ornaments, which I cannot use in the sim, as it is ampossible to taxi without brakes.

Hi Exraffy.

I have the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo working together with the MFG Crosswind pedals.

Never came across the issue you have.

The only thing I can think of at the moment:

when assigning the axis' for the rudder pedal brakes in P3D, did you make sure to choose the rudderpedals first from the "controller" dropdown menu?

As you said, both hardware use the same axis'. That makes me think that maybe you didn't choose the hardware you planned on assigning to from the dropdown, before you actually assigned them? Just a thought I have :) 

In the picture the Bravo is not in the menu, as it currently is sent back for repair.

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Yes they are assigned correctly and when I only had the Alpha yoke installed there were no issues with the rudder pedals. It is only since the installation of the Bravo throttles that the issue has manifested itself. This is also the only controller that gives me this problem. I have used several joysticks, C H yoke, throttles and pedals, Saitek yoke, throttles and pedals, Thrustmaster Airbus stick and throttles and never had this issue. I do notice however that Honeycomb have a rudder pedals add on in the pipeline. Do you think that I could resolve the issue by using a registered copy of FSUIPC to configure the controls, or can it only be done through the Honeycomb configurator?

Thank you once again for the reply and I will persevere and post if I get it resolved.

That is very strange indeed... 

If you have a registered version of FSUIPC you could try to configure the rudder pedals through it. Some users with PMDG aircrafts have had issues when configuring the flap axis through FSUIPC.

I really hope you get it solved, and it would be great if you posted the solution here if found. Would be helpful for others that struggle :)  

Best of luck! If I think of something else I will post back here too.

Cheers.

I think that I have solved this and I feel so stupid, it is so simple! Start the sim, delete the axes for brakes, in the settings menu and open FSUIPC, with the sim running and an appropriate aircraft selected. All that has to be done then is to delete the actions in FSUIPC. For some reason my brake pedals were shown as throttle 1 and 2 and I have never had this set up in any sim, it has always been brakes.

II hope that this helps, it seems that it is always worth checking any control configurators that you have installed for any conflicts.

Archived