Unable to install Honeycomb throttle conf in Microsoft Flight Sim

Hi all,

I'm unable to install the honeycomb bravo configuration prog. for the Microsoft FSX.
The flightsim software is not installed on the standard "C" disk due to lack of space. The location is on my D-drive.
In my D-drive i found the "hidden" and protected folder and the Microsoft Flightsim.

I referred the installer to this location but given the write protection it is not possible. Any other location will not be accepted by the program. Any idea how to proceed?
Thanks

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

"FSX" is short for "Flight Simulator X" for the 10th version (X for Roman numeral 10) of previous Microsoft flight sim programs. FSX was released in 2006 and is not at all the current version. However, the folder name in the screenshot strongly suggests you're talking about the current Microsoft Flight Simulator released in August of 2020 and usually called Microsoft Flight Simulator, MFS, MSFS, and sometimes with a "2020" after. You'll occasionally see "FSX 2020" but that's completely bogus.

Please reply with the specific version of the sim so someone can help you further. FSX and MFS use completely different architecture and solutions are specific to which version you have.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/7/2021 at 10:21 AM, Jovabra said:

I'm speaking about the MSFS2020. See picture "Microsoft FlightSimulator 1_16.2.0_x64..........

Re-read my post and you'll see I already noted that. I asked because you used FSX in your original topic title. I'll change "Microsoft FSX to "Microsoft Flight Sim" for you in the title. You might want to edit your first message since you reference FSX there too and it should agree with the corrected title

• Herman changed the title to Unable to install Honeycomb throttle conf in Microsoft Flight Sim
  • Deputy Sheriffs

It may be your issue is simply with the difference between FSX and MSFS. MSFS (the current sim) does not need any additional software to work with it beyond the (optional) LED fix here. If I understand your initial post correctly, you're trying to install the FSX Bravo Flight Controller configuration software in MSFS, and as noted above, they're not the same program.

So simply install the LED fix (only) to your MSFS, load up MSFS, set your axes as appropriate to the type of aircraft, and go fly. It is important to assign the axes correctly because of the many ways the Bravo can be configured unless you only fly one aircraft ever. Even then, you'll want to check if the default profile is correct for that aircraft. Otherwise, you'll want to make, name, then use a separate profile for each type of setup you use on the Bravo (think any time you change out the knob(s) you attach to one of the six levers to suit what you're flying). For sure, you can't use a Cessna 172 setup for the Boeing 747 or vice-versa. Thus, maybe one profile for a simple throttle and mixture single engine "family" of aircraft, another for a single with a prop control, another for a piston twin, another for a two engine jet, and one for the 747. You don't need one for each type, just each family you fly, and of course you won't need one for a family of aircraft you don't fly. And do watch for multiple axis assignments.

With more flexibility comes more complexity to your pre-flight activity, an unavoidable combination.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Jovabra,

In addition to Herman's explanantion, please be aware that the MSFS Honeycomb software is only used for the lights (annunciator panel and gear).
The buttons and switches assignments must be done from withnin the simulator like the axes.

It allows, as Herman said, to "encapsulate" both the axes and buttons assignment under the same profiles, making switching from 

one pplane to another extremely easy.

Best regards. 

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived