Jump to content

Sim Update vs CRJ


Recommended Posts

Hello!

I installed latest MSFS "sim update" as usual, after all standard practices I now started my first flight with the CRJ (cold and dark as usual).

 

I found 2 immediate "differences/issues".

1. MACG bar now extends up to pretty high values more over than 35, something Asobo changed I do suspect......... how to move on now? (Previously was suggested to ensure this bar was "fully on the right", if I do so now I obtain a not balanced a/c.

2. Once loaded the a/c, all cold and dark I have the "HUD" deployed in front of me and I am completely unable to "move it up" again.

 

Hopefully nothing more will come out, are those 2 things already known?

 

Cheers

Andrea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Aerosoft

Hi Andrea,

We are planning on releasing the next CRJ update shortly that is built with Sim Update 4 in mind as well. To answer your questions.

1. Please keep using 35%. This is the value that the flight model has been adjusted for SU4
2. Have you tried fully reseting the aircraft by deleting the m files? Instructions to this can be found from the FAQ section.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Andrea,

 

1. Should be normal, from the patch notes:

 

Quote

Allow setting the empty CG position out of limits

 

I'm sure a dev can probably advise better but I'd just stick with what we have been using so far at 35%. 

 

2. I'm not experiencing this - have you tried changing the aircraft state using the EFB to see if it stows again?

 

Edit: The response above popped when I submitted - you can probably disregard my response.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

We are planning on releasing the next CRJ update shortly that is built with Sim Update 4 in mind as well.

Any ETA on this? Freeware companies (Working Title, for example) have already started to release their SU4 builds. Similar to working title, Asobo partners like Aerosoft have had access to pre-release versions of the Sim Updates for a little while now for QA purposes.

It's been over 9 weeks since the last update, and many are eager to have the most annoying bugs finally addressed..I'd hope that a bunch of stuff is in the hopper by now, having heard little since March 22.

 

Any insight is appreciated!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Justin J said:

Any ETA on this? Freeware companies (Working Title, for example) have already started to release their SU4 builds. Similar to working title, Asobo partners like Aerosoft have had access to pre-release versions of the Sim Updates for a little while now for QA purposes.

It's been over 9 weeks since the last update, and many are eager to have the most annoying bugs finally addressed..I'd hope that a bunch of stuff is in the hopper by now, having heard little since March 22.

 

Any insight is appreciated!

Those Dev's don't release in the MSFS store...  It needs to be approved by MSFS as per other posts that were made here...  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Secondator said:

Hi Andrea,

We are planning on releasing the next CRJ update shortly that is built with Sim Update 4 in mind as well. To answer your questions.

1. Please keep using 35%. This is the value that the flight model has been adjusted for SU4
2. Have you tried fully reseting the aircraft by deleting the m files? Instructions to this can be found from the FAQ section.

 

Hello! Glad that the update of CRJ is coming soon, looking for it and hoping it will cover most of the "major" issues on this super plane :)

 

THank you for the so quick answering!

1. Roger and thanks. Up to the time of the update I'll do.

2. Yep it helped!!! Thanks!

 

Cheers

Andrea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Those Dev's don't release in the MSFS store...  It needs to be approved by MSFS as per other posts that were made here...  


How does that affect...anything?
 

  1. Aerosoft CRJ is one of maybe two aircraft on the MS Marketplace that isn't complete vaporware. "Approval" is an arbitrary process, if you dont believe me go look at 90% of the content present there.
  2. Given my point that Aerosoft has early access to SU4 code, by your logic they also could have submitted their patch, 9 weeks in the making, to MS for the marketplace "approval" weeks ago.

 

I'm not accusing Aerosoft of ill intent, so its a little curious that you're white knighting for them, for no reason. I'm only here trying to extract some much needed information regarding the progress of this impending update.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Justin J said:


How does that affect...anything?
 

  1. Aerosoft CRJ is one of maybe two aircraft on the MS Marketplace that isn't complete vaporware. "Approval" is an arbitrary process, if you dont believe me go look at 90% of the content present there.
  2. Given my point that Aerosoft has early access to SU4 code, by your logic they also could have submitted their patch, 9 weeks in the making, to MS for the marketplace "approval" weeks ago.

 

I'm not accusing Aerosoft of ill intent, so its a little curious that you're white knighting for them, for no reason. I'm only here trying to extract some much needed information regarding the progress of this impending update.

 

It should also be noted that, when I purchased my copy direct from the Aerosoft shop, it was specifically stated that receiving updates faster than via the MS Marketplace was a direct benefit of doing so. I add my curiosity and amusement.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Justin J said:

How does that affect...anything?

 

See this post 

This is what @LesOReilly was referring to and perhaps approval may have not been the most accurate wording but either way the end message is the same, the update will come out on AS Updater when it is out on the marketplace also.

 

18 minutes ago, TheSledge said:

when I purchased my copy direct from the Aerosoft shop

 

It did not/does not say that on the purchase page. Maybe you heard it in the forums as it may have been said in here before, again, see the above linked thread.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Secondator said:

Hi Andrea,

We are planning on releasing the next CRJ update shortly that is built with Sim Update 4 in mind as well. To answer your questions.

1. Please keep using 35%. This is the value that the flight model has been adjusted for SU4
2. Have you tried fully reseting the aircraft by deleting the m files? Instructions to this can be found from the FAQ section.

 

It is a definitely good news, can't wait for this major update, will the ALT rotatry function of Honeycomb Barvo Throttle  be fixed in this update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, RF pilot said:

Hopefully we can expect the update sometime today?

I wouldn’t count on that, there is some kind of agreement that CRJ on marketplace and from AS will be updated at the same time. Game updates on tuesdays and thursdays so now U know when to expect an update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Mr. Kok -> Simulator Update we have decided to delay the release of the first big update for the CRJ until that update is out.

 

Well - what is going on and where is this update?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Additionally as stated already elsewhere, they release the update almost in parallel with the MSFS marketplace, therefor I do expect to see the update (even on AS updater) not before tomorrow evening (together to the updates cycle of the internal store)... :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Jude said:

Don't you think they'd better wait and test it first? 

 

I only think that I have addon with many bugs and it needs an update.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 2 Minuten, ametlib sagte:

I only think that I have addon with many bugs and it needs an update.

A watched pot never boils. 
 

Patience is a lifesaver and keeps your stress level down :) 

 

It will come when it’s ready. Or do you wish more bugs due to rushing an update? I could imagine you’d be one of the first to claim that they should have tested more before releasing it ;) 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CRJ Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, piotrmkg said:

wouldn’t count on that, there is some kind of agreement that CRJ on marketplace and from AS will be updated at the same time. Game updates on tuesdays and thursdays so now U know when to expect an update.

It is not just the CRJ - it affects any vendor that sells a product on the Marketplace as well as from their own store. Updates from the vendor’s own store cannot be provided until the Marketplace update is “live”.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CRJ Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Justin J said:

Given my point that Aerosoft has early access to SU4 code, by your logic they also could have submitted their patch, 9 weeks in the making, to MS for the marketplace "approval" weeks ago.

The developer only got early access to SU4  at the same time as the other Asobo beta testers did, which was about 10 days ago, and Asobo was still making internal changes to SU4 as late as last Friday based on feedback from the beta program. Aerosoft could not have submitted the update for approval “weeks” ago in any case. The update was still in active development and testing until very late last week. The extra development time allowed several additional features to be added, including a substantial improvement in the way that flaps and slats work, both visually and aerodynamically.

 

I know that Aerosoft is just as anxious to get the update into the hands of CRJ customers as the customers are to receive it. The moment it goes “live” on the MS Store it will be available to everyone from the Store or directly from Aerosoft, depending on where it was originally purchased.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Puuhbear said:

A watched pot never boils. 
 

Patience is a lifesaver and keeps your stress level down :) 

 

It will come when it’s ready. Or do you wish more bugs due to rushing an update? I could imagine you’d be one of the first to claim that they should have tested more before releasing it ;) 

Hmmmm.... I have been patience since 2021-3-31 and yes - stress level start rising step by step. About what is ready - CRJ 900? No - I don't need more bugs because inaf is inaf. I only want to use addon I paid without bugs. Is it to much asked from Aerosoft? Mayby they could to tell to their customers that when the update is ready that we could to avoid this kind unnessessary depat...

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jude said:

If you can ever find bug-free software, let me know :).

 

Here, compile and run it:

 

Console.WriteLine('Hello World');

 

Hey, it's bug free :P

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...