MZFW Exceeded Mid Flight/Normal?

The last few flights I have looked at my EFB mid flight and noticed that I get an MZFW has been exceeded although it has looked fine at the gate. I was using data from SIMBRIEF and I have just noticed this issue. Is this normal?

It happens to Cpt. Canada as well at the 49min mark as well. Just want to make sure this is normal.

No it is not normal. The values in the EFB should not change once set. There is some indication that the EFB can react to mouse key presses when it does not have the focus, so it might be best to leave it on the AIRCRAFT page rather than the PERFORMANCE page when not in use.

One other thing you should never do is to power the EFB off then back on - especially in flight. Doing so could cause payload or fuel load to be released-initialized. Once it is powered up before flight, it should remain on until getting ready to shut down at your destination.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There was an issue with the EFB when entering the weight as ZFW only which basically loaded the aircraft to maximum value. This has been fixed on the next update due later today.

3 hours ago, Secondator said:

There was an issue with the EFB when entering the weight as ZFW only which basically loaded the aircraft to maximum value. This has been fixed on the next update due later today.

Is the CRJ update really coming today??

32 minutes ago, Zolton said:

CRJ güncellemesi bugün gerçekten geliyor mu?

They said they were planning on the same day. I hope it comes. We are all looking forward to it with excitement.

40 minutes ago, murat006 said:

They said they were planning on the same day. I hope it comes. We are all looking forward to it with excitement.

I thought they said it was just after the release not a confirmed date. I would be shocked if it was same day personally.

Archived