A330 A/THR Won’t Maintain Correct Speed

Hello,

I’m enjoying the a330 quite a bit but I’m having one issue with it. During level offs during climb, with the speed in managed mode, it will not maintain 250 below 10,000ft and when above 10,000 and leveling off at (for example) FL240 it does not maintain the speed it selected, for example 303kts. It almost seems like EPR/N1 are rolling back too slowly causing the aircraft to not maintain the correct speed. Autothrust is engaged and the thrust levers are in the proper climb detent. What can I do to fix this? 

20 hours ago, joecool324 said:

Hello,

I’m enjoying the a330 quite a bit but I’m having one issue with it. During level offs during climb, with the speed in managed mode, it will not maintain 250 below 10,000ft and when above 10,000 and leveling off at (for example) FL240 it does not maintain the speed it selected, for example 303kts. It almost seems like EPR/N1 are rolling back too slowly causing the aircraft to not maintain the correct speed. Autothrust is engaged and the thrust levers are in the proper climb detent. What can I do to fix this? 

There is a setting in MCDU#3 which may help you with the 250<10,000ft.

Regarding the A/THR issue at 24,000ft, we'd have to have a lot more info including all the weights, both INIT A and B pages, waypoints and programmed speed, and a short video showing the problem.

Look forward to hearing back from you!

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is a setting in MCDU#3 which may help you with the 250<10,000ft.

Regarding the A/THR issue at 24,000ft, we'd have to have a lot more info including all the weights, both INIT A and B pages, waypoints and programmed speed, and a short video showing the problem.

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks for the reply!

Which setting exactly am I looking for in MCDU#3 that would help with the 250<10,000 restriction? I want to give that a try and maybe it'll solve my problem entirely.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, joecool324 said:

Thanks for the reply!

Which setting exactly am I looking for in MCDU#3 that would help with the 250<10,000 restriction? I want to give that a try and maybe it'll solve my problem entirely.

It’s one of the copilot settings.

20 hours ago, masterhawk said:

It’s one of the copilot settings.

Ok, which one of the copilot settings? I'm not able to try it right now due to my schedule, and when I am able to try it I'd like to make sure I'm selecting the right one...

@DaveCT2003  What setting am I missing here, can you please tell me which specific setting I need to adjust? @masterhawk said it is one of the co-pilot settings, but I don't fly with the copilot enabled. If I could get some more specific instructions that would be great. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The required settings you will find in the MCDU3 (SHIFT+4) in the OPTIONS / CHECKLIST menu = APPR SPD LMTR (LSK4R)  and 250 KT LMTR (LSK5R). The Approach Speed Limiter checks during descent the speed below 265 knots and the 250 Knots Limiter the use of speed brakes below 10.000 feet if the speed exceeds 265 knots. But it is possible to only use one of the functions and the copilot function must be used = ON.

• 2 weeks later...

@HanseIs there a way to stay below 250kts without the co-pilot on? I've been on A330's quite a few times IRL, and I've never seem them deploy speed brakes below 10,000 on departure to meet the 250kt restriction. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 21 Stunden , joecool324 sagte:

Is there a way to stay below 250kts without the co-pilot on?

Sorry, no.......

Archived