Duty payable to UPS

I have received an e mail from UPS requesting £50.74 duty on my Bravo throttle. Is this correct  as on the bottom of your invoice it says Tax free export. the total amount has been paid completely

The reason i am asking is that there a lot of scams regarding courier deliveries at the moment and I dont want to be caught out 

• Aerosoft

Tony, the guy who knows this best has a day off.  But I believe masterhawk is right and we should change the invoice text. 

There are a lot of Brits who are pretty PO'ed at this moment as they seemed not to have understood leaving the EU means that we do not charge some taxes but that they still have to be paid in the UK. 

• Aerosoft

I got a reply from the sales department:

Everything is correct. The hint on our invoice only says, that we do not apply our VAT as in export shipments it is not applied. Tony's invoice is also not showing VAT, which is correct.

Now that the UK has left the EU and goods have to go through customs procedure, it might be, that he is charged with this amount for customs handling. But import duties have to be always paid by the recipient, so everything went correct in this case to put this declaration of tax free export on the invoices is mandatory for us. But it relates to our VAT. 

Archived