Bravo Throttle Configurator mapping S-Tec Autopilot functions

Trying to map these with the configurator.  I have read a few other threads that give some information, but the administrator has decided to lock those so that no follow on questions can be asked, so a new thread.  The resident S-Tec Autopilot in the Laminar C-172 has multiple modes with repeat presses of the nav button.  For example GPSSteering engages with the second button press.  Is there a way to program this function into the configurator.  Also I cannot seem to use command functions in the variables.  Is there an actual written manual that describes the configurator program?  Where do you find the internal command list?  One video I watched, the guy said that the program is very intuitive.  Maybe for a programmer, not for a pilot.  I have also seen numerous statements to the effect that the autopilot LEDs as well as other functions are already programmed into the default profile.  I haven't  seen that either.  nothing was in the default profile. 

• Aerosoft

Hi and welcome in our forums.

Also I cannot seem to use command functions in the variables

The current version 2.1 of the ConfigTool has bug, that sometimes does not let you correctly save defined commandRefs. This will be fixed in version 2.2. 

I have also seen numerous statements to the effect that the autopilot LEDs as well as other functions are already programmed into the default profile.  I haven't  seen that either.

The "Default_Throttle" profile that comes with the download has the AP rotaries as well as some LEDs defined, that are supposed to work with e.g. the default Cessna.

5 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi and welcome in our forums.

The current version 2.1 of the ConfigTool has bug, that sometimes does not let you correctly save defined commandRefs. This will be fixed in version 2.2. 

The "Default_Throttle" profile that comes with the download has the AP rotaries as well as some LEDs defined, that are supposed to work with e.g. the default Cessna.

Thank you for the information.  Upon further troubleshooting I decided to backup the profiles I have made and uninstall and reinstall the configtool.  What I found was that the default profile does indeed have mappings pre defined, but none of that transfers to "new" profiles even when copy default is selected.  Prior to the reinstall I did look closer at a few of the profiles I had downloaded.  They do in fact have the correct command for the autopilot NAV button (sim/autopilot/NAV?), but the function/command is not communicating with X-plane.  I am using the dataref tool and can see that when I use my mouse to "press" the S-TEC NAV button the "NAV" command is actuating, however when using the button on the bravo throttle there is no response.

Any idea when version 2.2 is coming out?

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Any idea when version 2.2 is coming out?

I can only say that we are working on it and will get it out to you as fast as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 3:55 PM, Av8rgrip said:

What I found was that the default profile does indeed have mappings pre defined, but none of that transfers to "new" profiles even when copy default is selected.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the copy of the default only contains the selector settings and no LED bindings.  I got around it by making a copy of the default found in the plugin folder, renaming it and loading it into the configurator.

I'm having huge problems with the ZIBO 737 and I can only think that he has used numerous custom instructions.  For example, on pressing the IAS (with no autopilot or autothrust engaged, the thrust levers are coming forward to Max: I cannot get any of the autopilot function lights on the MCP to work properlyvia the LEDs and the ALT LED seems to be permanently 'on'.

The Bravo quadrant is a great bit of kit but the programmers need to get together to make it more adaptable to the myriad of aircraft and third-party providers that are doing their own thing with commands and datrefs.

• Aerosoft
vor 20 Stunden , Black Cat sagte:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the copy of the default only contains the selector settings and no LED bindings.  I got around it by making a copy of the default found in the plugin folder, renaming it and loading it into the configurator.

I'm having huge problems with the ZIBO 737 and I can only think that he has used numerous custom instructions.  For example, on pressing the IAS (with no autopilot or autothrust engaged, the thrust levers are coming forward to Max: I cannot get any of the autopilot function lights on the MCP to work properlyvia the LEDs and the ALT LED seems to be permanently 'on'.

The Bravo quadrant is a great bit of kit but the programmers need to get together to make it more adaptable to the myriad of aircraft and third-party providers that are doing their own thing with commands and datrefs.

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Are you aware that there are specific profiles for different aircraft? There are simply too many of them out there to get them all covered via a single profile. The one for the Zibo you can download, import and activate from our dedicated download section. The default profile is very baseline for default pistons like the G1000 Cessna and only contains mappings for the autopilot selector and increase/decrease rotary as well as some LEDs. So...if this one does not work with the Zibo...I am not surprised. 

• 1 month later...

Archived