How do you add a paint for an A320

Hi

I know there is a Speed Bird paint with winglets (A320 only I think) in this forum. (It's for P3D4.5)

I downloaded it, but I'm always finding that it doesn't work.

The setup works for the following folder, and the BA aircraft that came with the aircraft: C:\Prepar3D v4\ . (I know it's not the default.)

I understand I need to put this extra aircraft somewhere and allow me to modify the aircraft.cfg.

This is really confusing me - I know I have SimObjects folders in the C:\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects directory, and one in the C:\Users\[userid]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects directory.  What should I be changing to make this work.

Can someone help in trying to install the new winglets A320? I only have this and the download, but I don't know what files I should modify and put the file where:

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, you don’t need the simobjects folder of the main sim.

You need to place the files inside the correct folder in your Airbus installation folder.

There is also a simobjects folder. Inside this you will find 4 folders for the A320/321 CFM and IAE.

You need the A320IAE folder. There is the aircraft.cfg and there you place the new texture folder.

Thank you, I'll take a look as soon as I can.

I'm not near my PC at the moment, but as soon as I take a look, I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

@masterhawk

I had a look at the instructions and found that there is no sharklet on there.

I had to go to [C:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320 IAE Professional] and move the new texture file there, then modify the aircraft.cfg file to include it.

Please login to display this image.

I then modified the aircraft.cfg to include the moden.EXTIAEShark, which was not in the download (which means that A320 was no different to the one that came with the A320 out of the box.

In P3D, it seems to have worked by modifing the aircraft.cfg add moden.EXTIAEShark. Should I be doing anything different, because it seems to me that I could have just copied the original.  This is the new aircraft.cfg addition, but the only addition is the model.

[FLTSIM.5]
title                    = Airbus A320-232 professional British Airways G-GATU
sim                    = A320
model                    = EXTIAEShark
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = G-GATU
kb_checklists                = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                    = G-GATU
atc_airline                = SPEEDBIRD
atc_flight_number            =
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus
ui_type                    = A320-232 IAE
ui_variation                = Airbus A320-232 British Airways G-GATU
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE, RAMP 
atc_parking_codes               = BAE
description                = Airbus A320 - 232 IAE / British Airways G-GATU \my VA: https://www.fsairlines.net/en/va/AEN \nRepaint by TheFlightPhotographer

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

If the model was not matching, the livery was not for the professional version, but for the older one.

No problem, the textures are compatible, only requirement is to use the correct model entry like you did.

I've checked it out, and there seems to be a problem with version of the A320. I can never reach cruise altitude.  As soon as I put in the one I originally created, it changes.

So, I start my making a plan to climb to 32000.  Normally I can stay there, but then it says on my MCDU2 that I need to go higher to 34000 (when it says that as soon as I get to the original altitude of 32000). But if I go up to 34000, there I get a message saying I have to go even higher (36000!!). If I constantly go higher, I'm told to go higher.

What's causing this?

Gaz

I tried the A320 with sharklets again, and it worked, include the altitude.  Best the close this and i'll post again if there's a problem.

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived