Problem loading file generated by Simbrief

When I download a plan generated by simbrief, it is not loading correctly.  Before I get deep into details, I wanted to first check if this is the right place to ask about this, or if it's a Simbrief support issue?  Thanks in advance!

KKT

@mopperle Thank you...  Briefly...

I go to simbrief and create a flight plan, which I then download into the default directory for the Aerosoft CRJ.  When I go into "Pilot Flight Plans", or whatever the proper descriptor is in the MCDU, I can see AND import the flightplans I have created using that method, but the only thing that actually imports is the name of the flight...  e.g. "QXE1392", or whatever carrier and flight number I'm doing that day.  (I tend to always use "1392", that way I don't have to remember something different from flight to flight.)  I'd bet lots of money that the problem lies somewhere in between MY ears, but I've tried over and over again, and have yet to get a different result.

Do you, or does anyone who happens to read this, have any suggestions?  I don't mind entering them manually, but especially when I'm in VR, since I can't see my simbrief OFB in the cockpit, I have to take off my headset.  It's not the end of the world, obviously, but if I can figure out a way to do it without needing to do that, it would be better...

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you import a flightplan, it is always the secondary flightplan, which you need to acrtivate to become the active flightplan where you can see waypoints etc. To do so click on Activate on the MCDU.

@mopperle, so that worked, sort of.  The flightplan was waiting for me exactly where you said it would be, so thanks again for that.  However, it's not importing correctly.  It's getting the STAR right (the plan I attempted had no SID), but instead of importing the airways, it just imported a series of direct to waypoints.  Having stepped through the legs, and after correcting one disco, it APPEARS to be correct, but part of me is worried about missing (or at least potentially missing) some altitude or speed restriction or something of that nature.

So, my questions are this:  First, is it correctable.  Second, if it IS correctable, does it matter?  I imagine if it's running the proper flightplan, with all the restrictions and any other pertinent info, it really doesn't.  And lastly, is it something that I'm doing wrong?  It usually is LOL...

Lastly, an interesting note.  By doing it this way, it inserted some additional waypoints into the flightplan that essentially told the MCDU where to fly the plane in the event of a missed approach to be positioned to try again, something that I don't think my manually entering the flight plan data has done.  But that's something that also may be my fault, I may not realize HOW to do that, know what waypoints to put in, or likely several other ways I could have inhibited that functionality.  It never even occurred to me enough to realize that I was missing what might be important information.  Upon analyzing that, I *really* like the idea of having that info available, not so much because we are going to use it in the sim (though, with real weather, we might), but because above all else, I crave realism.  I set the time for the NAV systems to come online to realistic, even if it means I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the computer, because that is the level of realism I want.  I am willing to make some VERY limited exceptions (like brightening up the HUD in VR, assuming such a thing is possible), because even though it may represent an unrealistic level of brightness compared to RL, the effect is MORE realism if it becomes usable during daylight hours.

However, that is a whole different topic, but please don't let that stop you from commenting on it if you can.

At any rate, thanks again for your support to date, and I'm hoping to hear your thoughts on my comments.  And have a great day, wherever (or when ever) that may be!

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump but I feel it's needed, as I'm having the same ''issue'' where the flight plan loads with SIDs and STARs but no airways, was hoping to find an answer on here hence the bump. :)

Archived