Dodgy zig-zag reflection pattern affecting all the A32x models installed in P3Dv4

Hi there, I've been reinstalling my Airbus Professional Bundle (Airbus Professional Version 1.3.1.0) into P3Dv4.5 (Prepar3D_v4_Professional_4.5.14.34698) recently and have noticed a very weird distortion of all the reflective surfaces.

See screenshot below showing the problem of the zig-zag shadow all down the fuselage and blocky shadow, reflection around the nose.

Please login to display this image.

I have no reshade tools or gimmicks, HDR is off and it's the same whether dynamic lighting is on or off; and whether cast/receive for simobjects is on or off.

I am out of ideas here, so any help/support would be enormously appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

3 hours ago, masterhawk said:

It's related to changes by LM to the shaders. It's even worse in v5.

Thank you so much for letting me know & saving me from days of chasing down blind alleys.

I tried one more time, blitzing everything P3D on my machine; and reinstalled the base sim and only the A320/321 Professional...

Please login to display this image.

To be honest I'm done with P3D for keeps. Dynamic Lighting never was implemented properly, before LM shelved it & moved on to playing with PBR in v5.

Lockheed Martin corporately must have the skills to apply effective configuration management in their software, however embarrassingly lacking it is in the Prepar3D development team.

I look forward to Aerosoft continuing to develop and produce for X-Plane, where I enjoy sim time actually virtual flying, free from hours and days trying to minimise the bad development practices of a sim whose best days are so clearly behind it.

Best Rgds,

Chris.

Archived