DXGI Error Device Hung at EDDM

disco79stu

Hi,

I don‘t get this error often, but when I do, it‘s always at SimWings EDDM. I already switched off all airport traffic etc., but it keeps happening. After I land, I have about 10min in which the vram gets bigger and bigger until it crahses with above error.

Is there something you can recommend to set in order to save vRam at that specific scenery?

Thanks!

INTEL i7 9700k @4.8 GHz (8-CORE; NO HT) | 32 GB DDR4 RAM | NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 8GB | SSD | 4K MONITOR @60Hz | Windows 10 | P3D v5.1 HF 1 | ACTIVE SKY | REX SKYFORCE | ENVSHADE

vor 1 minute, Mathijs Kok sagte:

It is an issue we hope is solved in P3d 5.2.

Thanks!

I suppose there‘s no timeframe known yet for 5.2, right?… :) 

• Developer
17 minutes ago, disco79stu said:

Thanks!

I suppose there‘s no timeframe known yet for 5.2, right?… :) 

No and if, it is still under NDA. But it is the next version and not since yesterday in development. And the memory use with EA is one point on the list and less intensive as before.

With 5.1 and a complex aircraft, AI Traffic, complex Airport and bad weather in EA, I have no chance with my 8GB VRam, not only in EDDM.

• 1 month later...

I have installed the New P3D V5.2 and flown the Airbus A320 and still got a DEVICE HUNG. It has been pretty upsetting because no one wants to fix the issue, so now I'm forced to Purchase FSlabs aircraft so I can fly the Airbus and they have no issues at all..

I think nobody can fix this. You need to adjust your settings accordingly.

With PMDG 747 (which is a complex aircraft) I got maximum 5.7GB VRAM usage in EDDM (Orbx Global-OpenLC+GES installed) and I am running really high settings.

I am not able to test it with the Bus right now cause I am waiting for the updated version to be released but in 5.1 I remeber to have similar VRAM usage in EDDM as with the PMDG 748.

Please login to display this image.

Even if I fast move to EDDF (fast move usually kills the sim) my VRAM got reduced:

Cheers

Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs

To my knowledge this has nothing to do with VRAM, but the GPU driver is reset under heavy load. And that’s a windows function. If you search in the internet you will find such error messages also for other top game titles and professional render software.

The driver is reset by windows if under heavy load the GPU is detected as not responding.

Thats why some users try to set different TDR values or disable TDR fully.

But if you decide to try something like that, NO support from our side!

Some other explanation:

https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu-drivers-crash-with-long-computations-128745489.html

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

Archived