Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Since having shown that I'm newbie I'm here again for help.

Bought both Honeycomb products and still waiting for Alpha Yoke to arrive.

From Honeycomb Configurator I verified that I can create profiles for both (AY & BT).

Lets assume that I'll fly PMDG777. There is a download here that someone made a huge effort to offer his expertise so after downloading it, importing it to Profiles and making it active I'll have buttons/LEDs assigned. From what I infer once made active this profile it will be linked to P3D.

1) Do I have to export it (as PMDG777_BT_prof) so next time I run P3D just importing it will make this profile active?

2) There is also a download link for PMDG777 Alpha Yoke profile. Will this be needed to be exported too? And if so should I gave him a name like PMDG777_AY_prof?

These questions are because AY & BT are independent hardware

Tks

• Aerosoft

Hi Eduardo:

1) Do I have to export it (as PMDG777_BT_prof) so next time I run P3D just importing it will make this profile active?

Export is if you want to share the profile with someone else. You have to import a downloaded profile once. Once it has been activated, it stays active for that device (Alpha or Bravo).

2) There is also a download link for PMDG777 Alpha Yoke profile. Will this be needed to be exported too? And if so should I gave him a name like PMDG777_AY_prof?

If you want to use the Alpha with the PMDG777 then yes, you can download, import (NOT export) and activate the profile for the Alpha. "Activate" is always on a per device basis. So, using the Alpha and Bravo you activate twice and the profiles remain activated in sim, as long as you don't activate other ones via the ConfigTool.

Very nice of you answering my 2 questions, Benjamin

Last (I hope) questions about Profiles

I import both PMDG777's Alpha Yoke & Bravo Throttle profiles with their respective buttons assignments. In ConfigTool I activate first Alpha Yoke profile for PMDG777 then activate Bravo Throttle profile for PMDG777. This will make both profiles active for use in P3D while using PMDG777 (Hope that this is right, otherwise I'm lost here).

1) => Running P3D and choosing PMDG777 will give me all buttons assignments created (many tks to them) by others to work accordingly? No need to take any other action before running P3D?

2) => If I want to fly another aircraft (PMDG737 which have both Alpha & Bravo profiles or QW787 with its Bravo profile) MUST I go to ConfigTool, import their correspondent profiles, activating them BEFORE flying?

3) => If my interpretation is correct => EVERY TIME I CHOOSE AN AIRCRAFT WITH A PROFILE CREATED BY OTHERS (OR ME :) ) THIS PROFILE MUST BE ACTIVATED VIA CONFIGTOOL BEFORE

• Aerosoft

Hi Eduardo:

1) => Running P3D and choosing PMDG777 will give me all buttons assignments created (many tks to them) by others to work accordingly? No need to take any other action before running P3D?

You should also select "Activate PMDG" from "Actions" once for P3Dv4, so the data broadcast works correctly. But assuming you have configured your axis via P3Ds controls, after that, you should be good to fly.

2) => If I want to fly another aircraft (PMDG737 which have both Alpha & Bravo profiles or QW787 with its Bravo profile) MUST I go to ConfigTool, import their correspondent profiles, activating them BEFORE flying?

3) => If my interpretation is correct => EVERY TIME I CHOOSE AN AIRCRAFT WITH A PROFILE CREATED BY OTHERS (OR ME :) ) THIS PROFILE MUST BE ACTIVATED VIA CONFIGTOOL BEFORE

Yes, that is exactly how it works.

Again many thanks for your help and sorry for another delayed answer. It's been tough dealing with Covid-19 pandemic here in Brazil (I'm a surgeon working in a Public Hospital in São Paulo)

• Aerosoft

Don't worry Eduardo...if anything is important right now, then it is to get our priorities straight. We are all human beings in an extremely stressful situation at global scale and that is all that matters. Especially in the digital sphere this seems to be forgotten more often than not.

I hope you are able to improve the situation for the people in Brazil in due time...take care!

Archived