Airbus Throttle CRJ-Not syncing vales

Sorry if this has been addressed before but shouldn't the values be the same when I calibrate the Throttle Quadrant in the CRJ. I do have the firmware and calibrated the throttle outside the sim, so I am not sure what I am missing.

Engine 2 is always a little higher than Engine 1 when I am in manual throttle. It is also impossible for me to keep .74 cruise in manual unless I am doing something wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks! I can never get the two throttles to be the same when I am in manual throttle. Is this why? I can never keep cruise speed.

You should look at the response of these throttle levers in Window’s default joystick controller calibration menu (In the Windows 10 control panel). They should be calibrated and tested there first. If they won’t calibrate properly there and show even response for a given lever position, there may be a hardware problem with the throttle quadrant.

Depending on the model of the quadrant, it may require its own drivers for Win 10, or have its own calibration / setup software apart from the Windows control panel.

Have you tried using these throttles in other MSFS default twin engine aircraft like the Baron or CJ-4?

On 5/16/2021 at 1:28 PM, Zolton said:

Thanks! I can never get the two throttles to be the same when I am in manual throttle. Is this why? I can never keep cruise speed.

In real life there will be minute variations with throttle position when operating both at the same time.  Hand size, the way the throttles are gripped etc.  However you should have, buy default,the setting for engine sync (default it will sync the N1).  This takes out minor position problems and you won't have to hunt with each lever individually.  Normally I only see problems with throttle positions on departure going to the TOGA detent.  Once in a while I will see the position message on the PFD read TOGA/MAN meaning the No1 throttle is in the detent and the No2 is still in the manual range.  A slight push on the No2 throttle will take care of that (as it would in real life if both throttles are not in the TOGA detent I imagine).  If you are at cruise the engine sync should remedy any discrepancies in the N1 setting.  I would think that if you are having trouble maintaining cruise speed you either:

1. Have icing set to other than Visual Only in the sim.

2. Are too heavy for the FL you want to fly at.

3. Your load and balance are out of whack some way.

I only use the ZFW and fuel setting and let the EFB distribute this load for me.  At the top of the W&B section there is a button that says something like Use Zero Fuel Weight.  Just press that and you will be presented with only a ZFW entry and fuel entry in lieu of all the other minutia.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:36 PM, Crabby said:

In real life there will be minute variations with throttle position when operating both at the same time.  Hand size, the way the throttles are gripped etc.  However you should have, buy default,the setting for engine sync (default it will sync the N1).  This takes out minor position problems and you won't have to hunt with each lever individually.  Normally I only see problems with throttle positions on departure going to the TOGA detent.  Once in a while I will see the position message on the PFD read TOGA/MAN meaning the No1 throttle is in the detent and the No2 is still in the manual range.  A slight push on the No2 throttle will take care of that (as it would in real life if both throttles are not in the TOGA detent I imagine).  If you are at cruise the engine sync should remedy any discrepancies in the N1 setting.  I would think that if you are having trouble maintaining cruise speed you either:

1. Have icing set to other than Visual Only in the sim.

2. Are too heavy for the FL you want to fly at.

3. Your load and balance are out of whack some way.

I only use the ZFW and fuel setting and let the EFB distribute this load for me.  At the top of the W&B section there is a button that says something like Use Zero Fuel Weight.  Just press that and you will be presented with only a ZFW entry and fuel entry in lieu of all the other minutia.

Thanks! I am wondering if it is my weight. I did noticed that the past few flights when I get up to cruise I get a MZFW exceeded the past few times. Is that normal?

Archived