NavDataPro

tcvalley

I hope I stop being a pain pretty soon, but I ran into another unknown. According to the latest manual I should have a complete copy of NavDataPro in the database, but when I go to my Charts page I can't bring up any data. When I go into my Options page under the Aerosoft NavDataPro Charts option it asks me to login asking for a my email address and serial number which I am pretty sure is for the Nav program which I don't have. Has anyone else experienced this and did you find a solution.

Thanks

Tom

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are mixing up two different things:
(1) Navdata: this is a database which contains all needed data, like procedures (STARs, SIDs etc.) and other navadata used by the FMC

(2) charts, which are, as the word says, just charts, showing aiport layouts, routes etc. They are put on paper or being displayed e.g. in a EFB.

The CRJ comes with (1) the navdatabase, which does not included charts. To view charts in the EFB you need a separate subscription like this: https://www.aerosoft.com/de/flugsimulation/flight-simulator-x/tools/1483/navdatapro-charts-one-year-access

Or a combination from both, databse and charts: https://www.aerosoft.com/de/flugsimulation/flight-simulator-x/tools/1486/navdatapro-complete-one-year-access

Again thanks for the rapid response.

If I understand correctly the only time I will see the data is when I when the FMC is filled in, but what I don't understand is how does one know what STARS and SIDS will be used in order to input that data into the FMC?

Thanks.

Tom

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, tcvalley said:

but what I don't understand is how does one know what STARS and SIDS will be used in order to input that data into the FMC?

This is done during the flightplaning. You ont make a flighplan while sitting in the cockpit. This is an upfront task, done by the pilot or a dispatcher. In our case you usually build a flighplan using tools like Simbrief, which also uses a navdatabase. In such a case you must asure that the flighplanning tool and the aircraft are using the same cycle. The current cycle is 2104 (it changes every 28 days). IF you have only the cycle that comes initially with the CRJ (1911), you have to choose the same cycle in Simbrief.

Once you have created a flighplan in Simbrief, you export it to the format for  the CRJ, load this flightplan in the CRJ and it takes the corresponding data from the incuded navdatabase.

Thank you. I did use SimBrief and was impressed and I have the latest AIRAC cycle. I have managed to save a .flp in the appropriate document folder, and followed the directions of using a one word flight plan ie KCVGKRIC but when I tried to use it in the FLTPLN menu of the FMC I get "not in database.

In regards to matching the AIRAC cycles is the aircraft kept up-to-date and if not where do I find the what is it's current one is.

Thanks

I believe I found the problem I noticed that in my Aerosoft folder I checked and found my flt plan under the Digital Aviation CRJ

folder as was instructed in the Simbrief Downloader (See Clipboard1) when I tried to load that into my FMS it was a no go.

On a hunch I also opened the Aerosoft CRJ Pro folder and there was a Flightplans folder which I pasted my .flp into and then went to my FMS and inputted that file into my FMS and viola it was added. I hope this might help someone else who might encounter the same problem.

Cheers

Tom

Please login to display this image.

Archived