CRJ Engines don't start

Snorre

I had the CRJ installed on my old computer and it worked as designed.

Now I installed it again on a new computer. The installation went fine, but now my problem is, that the engines don't start.

I use a Honeycomb B Throttle Quadrant with an own profile for the CRJ. All mappings are removed with the exception of the throttles and the gear lever.

No matter which aircraft state I use, the engines won't start. I follow the checklist, so the APU is running, the Fuel Pumps are on, Hydraulics as well, all Doors are closed. The N2 indicators move up to 20%, but moving the throttles forward does not generate fuel ignition, it stays at 20% N2. Also the "Ready to Taxi" state gets me an aircraft without running engines. The aircraft is refueled, all settings in the EFB are ok.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thank you!

Is the aircrafts throttle in Idle detent or in shut off position?

is your throttle calibrated?

did you try starting it up with yoke and throttle disconnected?

It is higher than the detent, the throttle is calibrated, and I will try to start without the Honeycomb throttle and report back.

Thanks, I'll give that a try later tonight. But since I use a completely empty profile for the CRJ, I wonder where the mixture could come into play.

1 hour ago, Snorre said:

Thanks, I'll give that a try later tonight. But since I use a completely empty profile for the CRJ, I wonder where the mixture could come into play.

It's just something that has come up on the board multiple times for issues with engine starting and also engine power...  Even though a Jet Engine does not have a Mixture control... The Simulator for some reason does have a negative impact do to this...

Feel free to record and share the video of the issue....

Thanks, I found it. It was indeed a mixture setting left in the profile. I was sure I had deleted any entries but apparently I did not.

Thanks for the help!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived