Audio Control Panel Receive pushbutton logic is incorrect/reversed, Transmit Selector logic partially correct

Firestorm108

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I searched in the forum for a bit but didn't find a previous post.

The Audio Control Panel Receive pushbuttons are reversed from what they are in real life. When you push VHF 1 "in" for example, that should activate receiving on VHF 1, not pulling it "out". 

This next part I'm assuming is a limitation of the simulator and not a big a deal IMO if the previously mentioned issue is addressed. When you have the transmit selector on a certain source, the receive function is also automatically activated regardless of receive pushbutton selection. For example if the Transmit Selector is on VHF 2 we should be receiving on VHF 2 regardless of if the receive push button is selected or not. 

Thank you for the continued work you are putting into these aircraft! I know this is all a work in progress!

52 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

if this is the case I would have thought the other CRJ Pilots here would have posted this...

@Chaxterium not to pull you into an online argument.. But can you add insight to this thread?

Hi @LesOReilly.

@Firestorm108 Is absolutely correct on both accounts. I've never noticed this simply because I never use the audio control panel at all. I only ever use VHF1 and I use a 3rd party app to change frequencies so I haven't seen this behaviour. If what firestorm said is correct then yes, the plane is programmed incorrectly.

3 hours ago, Chaxterium said:

Hi @LesOReilly.

@Firestorm108 Is absolutely correct on both accounts. I've never noticed this simply because I never use the audio control panel at all. I only ever use VHF1 and I use a 3rd party app to change frequencies so I haven't seen this behaviour. If what firestorm said is correct then yes, the plane is programmed incorrectly.

So the Audio Panel you "Pull Up" the Knobs to Listen and then turn them for volume.... Well this is the result that you get when you are able to hear audio on that device...

On 5/11/2021 at 8:12 PM, LesOReilly said:

So the Audio Panel you "Pull Up" the Knobs to Listen and then turn them for volume.... Well this is the result that you get when you are able to hear audio on that device...

And all I'm saying is that functions the opposite of the real aircraft. From a dev standpoint super easy small mistake to make, literally just assigning the =1/=0 variable to the wrong position in the code. With all the things they had to do to make this aircraft function it would be easy to miss, but functionally it is incorrect. It took me a hot second when I first got it to get the audio to work because it's the opposite of real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm that if the knobs are pushed in/depressed, the channel is active. When not pressed in, the channel is not active, unless the transmit selector is set to that channel.

Currently definitely functioning the wrong way around.

Archived