Option to toggle between 25kHz and 8.33kHz Frequency Spacing

Firestorm108

Could you please add the option to be able to toggle the radios between 25kHz and 8.33 kHZ spacing so we can choose the appropriate spacing for the region we are in?

This would save a lot of headaches for when people are not flying in European Airspace. It's quite excessive having to scroll through all the extra frequencies when flying in North America and a bit of a nightmare when on PilotEdge.

If you use external command software (AAO/FSUIPC/SpadNext) you can actually control this functionality and bind it to controls.  I do this with my Saitek Radio Panel for this reason..

I would like to see this too, as a persistent option that's saved in the EFB. I use Spad.next but I have to hold the button down to switch both radios to 25khz every time I start a new flight because it always defaults to 8.33khz. It would be nice if there was a way to save it so it always starts in the mode you've set.

4 hours ago, alexvv said:

I would like to see this too, as a persistent option that's saved in the EFB. I use Spad.next but I have to hold the button down to switch both radios to 25khz every time I start a new flight because it always defaults to 8.33khz. It would be nice if there was a way to save it so it always starts in the mode you've set.

That is probably due to you using how I setup the radio panel in my v1 panel :)... the v2 is a little better in how it works but yes still needs to setup an event..

The Simulator does not track this or keep data.... Instead you could look to bind it to another switch and thus in SpadNext just define that switch as the setting for it and thus the position of the switch will maintain it after each flight..  Might also be a good request for persistent global variables in spad...

On 5/11/2021 at 4:12 PM, LesOReilly said:

If you use external command software (AAO/FSUIPC/SpadNext) you can actually control this functionality and bind it to controls.  I do this with my Saitek Radio Panel for this reason..

Solid, I'll look into using SpadNext for that for now, hopefully it's something they look into making a toggle option on the EFB.

Archived