Mega Airport HeathrowX - CTD

duzzell

Has anyone had any conflicts between Ulimate Terrain X Europe and HeathrowX?

After installing UTX Europe I kept having CTD's on take off from Heathrow Rwy 9R. The whole screen would freeze then an error message that FSX needs to close. On restarting FSX it would not pass loading traffic and would close again with error message. Sometimes the error was "Out of Memory". After trawling various forums I discovered a conflict between HeathrowX and Ultimate Traffic 2007. I removed Ultimate Traffic and replaced it with MyTrafficX. Everything appeared to work for a couple of days. Then on approach to Rwy 27R the same again - screen freezes then message that FSX needs to close.

I have currently disabled HeathrowX and using default Heathrow to test if there are still CTD's and narrow down the cause of the CTD. I am still testing when I get the chance as I work crazy hours. However, before installing Ulimate Terrain X Europe I was using HeathrowX quite fine with Ultimate Traffic 2007 without any problems (with shadows on as well!).

I'm open to any suggestions as going back to FSX default scenery is a real set back.

Thanks.

Dave.

Windows XP SP2, FSX SP1, Intel Duo 6600 (2.40 ghz), 3070 MB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia PX 7950 GX2 1GB Graphics Card with 169.21 driver.

A quick update - Flew from Edinburgh to Heathrow (default) and had CTD when still N/E of London. Do not think this problem relates to HeathrowX as it was disabled for this test flight.

Dave.