Lost power, ADG (RAT) deployed midflight

admroz

Yesterday I was happily flying from EGGP to EGHI. During descent, out of a sudden, I lost power and ADG was deployed. Then I was able to start APU, restart engines and land the aircraft.

I went through manuals once again and searched forums, but couldn't find information what may have happened.

Here are some details of what I did prior to the issue. I was given ATIS information opposite of what I expected, so I decided to change runway and STAR. I changed my flight plan and approach accordingly.

(Maybe it was too late for making such a change or maybe it would be better idea to go into holding and sort things out, but it is another story).

Anyway, things started to become complicated quickly, I was looking for a proper chart, trying to understand the new procedure, so I hit "esc" to pause simulation complitely.

Then right after I resumed the simulation I lost power and ADG was deployed. Below is a screenshot of my cockpit state right after this happened.

Anyone experienced anything like this? Was it my error with late changes to flight plan, was it a random failure (does CRJ have failures implementd) or is it a bug with pausing simulation?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Cheers

Adam

• Deputy Sheriffs

From several other posts, it's becoming clear that using the ESC key causes problems. Do a search (upper right of this page) for "escape key" with just the default filter, and you'll find out plenty. It appears to be a sim issue, as you'll see if you do the same search in the MFS forums here.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived