How to make downloaded profiles work with BT Quadrant?

I'm a newbie and had a lot of trouble configuring BTQ throttles/propellers/mixtures even watching SIMHANGER'S video. There are some issues with throttles but after a lot of time spent my QW878 works as it should (speed brake/throttles 1 & 2/flaps and even reversers)

Downloaded here profiles to work with PMDG 737/747/777 and QW878 (many tks to members that created them) but just don't know what to do after importing it to my BT Config tool.

From what I learned:

1) everytime one profile is created and activated it becomes "default" in P3Dv4 => is it correct?

2) one must import a previous saved profile inside simulator which will bring to P3Dv4 all axis assignment so one can choose if will fly a single engine/twin engine/2eng jets and 4eng jets => key assignments not affected?

I read that PMDG has to be deactivate in BT Config tool before its profile (downloaded from Aerosoft's and exported to become another profile inside BT Config tool)

My question:

After PMDG, QW878 and others profiles downloaded from Aerosoft's are exported and became profiles how will they be used? Will it affect my levers configuration?

Just don't want to make a big mistake and lose all my work.

EDITING for one more question:

With a 2ENG JET profile can I created another profile not based on Default_Throttle, using as "default profile" the one 2ENG JET?

Tks for help

• Aerosoft

Eduardo:

everytime one profile is created and activated it becomes "default" in P3Dv4 => is it correct?

Correct, but as Bert correctly pointed out, this does only concern the buttons, not axis. You also have to make sure, that you don't have double bindings defined, that is, the same button mapped to something in the HC Configurator, as well as P3Ds control menu. Think of them as two distinct systems that don't talk to each other at all where you have to make sure they don't conflict.

After PMDG, QW878 and others profiles downloaded from Aerosoft's are exported and became profiles how will they be used? Will it affect my levers configuration?

Every profile you downloaded from somewhere, should be imported via tha "Import" function currently (version 2.1) found under "Actions->Open Settings". In the next version (2.2), this will be moved to "Profiles" for a clearer ui ordering. Afterwards, you can load and activate it, which will bring it into your sim.

With a 2ENG JET profile can I created another profile not based on Default_Throttle, using as "default profile" the one 2ENG JET?

I don't understand this question.

From what I've learned here I see that throttles of all sorts (throttles, props, mixtures, spoilers) are configurated via P3D.

Loading a profile (from list or after creating a new one) and making it active will it stays "linked" with P3D until another profile is loaded and became active?

My doubt is that when I download a profile from Aerosoft's, PMDG's for example, if I import it to BT Config and it becomes active, will this profiles affects all my assignments? Maybe a dumb question but will it work just with a PMDB product? Or else, if I made this profile active will it be kept active inside P3D even if I don't choose PMDG, maybe affecting aircraft selected?

BTW: Don't know if issues with levers (posted somewhere in this Forum) could be because of Saitek X52 & HBTQ. Anyway I'm waiting the arrival of my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke

Tks

15 hours ago, Eduardo Passos said:

BTW: Don't know if issues with levers (posted somewhere in this Forum) could be because of Saitek X52 & HBTQ. Anyway I'm waiting the arrival of my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke

Yes, if you installed the X52 drivers, it may conflict with some aspects of other controllers. I noticed the X52 driver will disable e.g. Saitek Flight Info Panels. That caused me to immediately de-install them, so I have not tested what they did vs the Alpha. My Bravo is not at home at the moment...

Archived