Transmitting on COM2 Radio

Aplato

POSCON requires you to monitor the guard frequency (121.5) on COM2 at all times. I'm able to hear other people on there, but haven't been able to get my own messages to transmit. As you can see in the screenshot below, I even set both sides of the pedestal to transmit on VHF2, though I don't think that's necessary. However, when I press my push-to-talk button, POSCON is always detecting COM1. It's not because I have the same frequency in both for testing either as the behavior is the same if I change one of them.

Please login to display this image.

I did find this topic asking the same question from mid-March. A comment indicated this was would be looked at, but this was prior to the last CRJ patch and the topic was then locked. I understand why Aerosoft locks topics, but it would be immensely helpful if there were follow-up comments to indicate the status or maybe a centralized listing of issues under investigation and their status and targeted patch (even if there's no estimated release date).

Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback on whether I actually have this configured correctly to transmit on COM2 (it's not quite clear if there's more to it than turning that one knob to VHF 2), and if I do, whether there is a planned fix for this.

On vPilot I noticed that talking switches from com1 to com2 when I push the VHF1 listening button. Regardless of where the talk knob is positioned. 

So I pull com2 listen and as soon as I push (deactivate) com1 listen vPilot switches talking to com2. And I immediately pull com1 RX to keep monitoring. 

To switch back I have to push in com2 RX again and can pull it back out right away to keep monitoring. 

I hope that is comprehensive. And I also hope it works the same way for you. 

@PuuhbearInteresting, I will give that a try this weekend and see if that does the trick. Is that the correct way to do this though? That doesn't seem intuitive to me that you'd have to stop listening on COM1 to talk on COM2.

@LesOReillyThanks for linking those; I'm glad I'm not crazy. Your second one in particular seems to show exactly what the issue is and what the fix is so hopefully Aerosoft takes a look.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived