Problem with the CRJ550

Knochen81

hi. When I charge the CRJ550, the PC turns off. With the CRJ700 everything works without any problems. There is no CTD but the PC switches off completely. What could that be? It is also the same airport

Could be a faulty power supply or an over clocking problem. Or bad RAM.

But that is really hard to tell from a distance. 

Do you have a crash report of some sort? Or an error message?

I only have the problem with the CRJ 550. All other planes work. There is no bug report as the PC turns off. I've never had that problem. I can fly with the CRJ 700. Same place, same time.

I would second that you have a hardware-based issue. There might be a little detective work ahead for you, because it could be related either to your PC (PSU, RAM, thermal problem etc.) or even to the power supply in your place, e. g. a faulty distribution socket.

A few weeks ago, I had exactly the same problem: While running MSFS my system suddenly shut down. I had to restart it using the Power Button. After checking the filesystem, I ran MSFS again with the same flight, when some moments later the system shut down again. The Windows Eventlog only stated an inproper shutdown for both cases. At that time I believed something was wrong with my PC, when a few days later I found out the reason by chance: One of the power lines in the distribution box of my house was loose, causing random power failures in my study. Problem solved and no unwanted shutdowns ever since ...

Good luck with your search!

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

No response in over a month.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived