Need assistance with Navdata in the CRJ

First, I apologize if I already posted this and can't find it.  My system did a spontaneous reboot on me, and I think this got lost before I posted it, but if I'm wrong, again, I apologize.

Now, back to the important stuff:

I'm not sure if I'm in the right sub-forum, but I think so, and did make a genuine effort to make sure...

Anyway, take a look at this pic.  Please and thank you.

Please login to display this image.

I don't understand why it's showing an outdated DA WORLD data (a company/service that I've never even heard of) when I have a Navigraph subscription, and am providing the data to the b1rd under "Aerosoft CRJ Professional" in the default directory, though I can't find where that directory is listed.  It's caused me issues with regards to some STARS out of KMCO that are missing, though I can't rule out they may be missing from Navigraph as well.  I suspect that I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure out exactly what.   Does anyone have any advice?  Just as a sanity check I did redownload the latest Navigraph data just a little before taking this picture, but no change!

Help please!!

KKT

DA World is a field that isn't updated regardless of the navdata you have installed, to my knowledge. It still says this when I have Navigraph data installed.

Have you downloaded the latest 2104 installer from Navigraph?

The navdata should be installed to <MSFS Community Directory>\Aerosoft-CRJ\Data

@BobbyFuzzy, yup, 2104 rev 1, updated just last night in case it had itself been updated, which it seems that it wasn't.  It was kind of a fluke I even noticed, I was going step by step with some video when it jumped out off the screen at me, and made me wonder if that might be part of my issue.  Thanks for the help!

@BobbyFuzzy  We may be onto something.  Here's what it says:

AIRAC cycle    : 2103
Version        : 1
Valid (from/to): 25/MAR/2021 - 22/APR/2021

Forum          : http://forum.navigraph.com

Data provided by Navigraph - www.navigraph.com - Source data copyright (c) 2021 Jeppesen
This data may be used for ground based recreational computer game
simulation software only, and may not be recompiled, interpreted,
or distributed for any purpose without the written consent of Navigraph.
The contents of this database is dated and must not be used for real
world navigation as it is unlawful and unsafe to do so.

Parser-Version : DFD v1.0 21.0324 (c) Richard Stefan
Files parsed on: 24/03/2021

So, it does have the Navigraph data, but for whatever reason (perhaps my updater is sending it to the wrong place?) it's a month old.  Did this just become a Navigraph issue?  (Not that I wouldn't still appreciate your help fixing it, but I understand if you can't or just don't want to...)  I do appreciate the help so far Rob!

@KevyKevTPA It looks like it didn't install properly (obviously showing the last cycle). Perhaps run the installer again and check the directory matches to yours. It should prompt you for the install directory and it allows it to be changed if needed. Also double check the installer is the latest cycle (the file name should have the cycle in the filename), a new installer needs to be downloaded with every new cycle.

I have the latest 2104 installed to the CRJ and it's working fine, so doesn't look like a Navigraph issue to me.

@BobbyFuzzy OK, I have an update, and unfortunately it's not good news.  I followed your instructions to the letter, and the in-sim screen hasn't changed, plus the cycle_info.txt file is completely unchanged right down to the 3/24/21 date on it, so it seems it hasn't changed since the day I bought the CRJ, or maybe even before.  I didn't even think I bought the CRJ that long ago, but time goes quick, so it's entirely possible that I did and it just doesn't feel that way.

In any event, I am now officially stumped.

Thoughts?

KKT

Just now, Puuhbear said:

Is that folder protected by any chance?

It is showing as "read-only", so I'm going to change that, and try running the update again.  If that's a standard thing, I'm surprised more people aren't running into this.  However, it was only a lucky fluke that I even noticed (and I'm a computer nerd and real world pilot, though I've damn sure never flown a CRJ, or anything remotely close to it.  Just your average Cessna's, a Piper from time to time, and I do have one whole hour in a C310, but all of that even was more decades ago than I'd care to admit.)

It could actually be a pretty widespread problem and just most people aren't even noticing it.

Vor 1 Stunde, KevyKevTPA sagte:

It is showing as "read-only", so I'm going to change that, and try running the update again.  If that's a standard thing, I'm surprised more people aren't running into this.  However, it was only a lucky fluke that I even noticed (and I'm a computer nerd and real world pilot, though I've damn sure never flown a CRJ, or anything remotely close to it.  Just your average Cessna's, a Piper from time to time, and I do have one whole hour in a C310, but all of that even was more decades ago than I'd care to admit.)

It could actually be a pretty widespread problem and just most people aren't even noticing it.

Well I don't know... Your first navigraph installation went well... as you have last months AIRAC installed. And now that folder is read only. I guess something happend last month that flagged that folder to be read only. And like most of the time, that could have been: Error 99 (Change Operator) ;)

@Puuhbear The read only thing shouldn't really affect it to my knowledge. All of my addons including the CRJ are marked as read only in the community folder.

Not sure what else to suggest unfortunately @KevyKevTPA - possibly run the installer as admin? Otherwise this might be something to post on the Navigraph forums.

The good news!  I fixed it.

The bad news!  It was a very manual process that perhaps one of you gentlemen who are smarter than me can help to fix.

I somehow have my data mapping wrong, but very close.  The proper data is ending up in the "Aerosoft CRJ Professional" folder (several layers deep) that you can see in the screen snip below.  So I just copied it and pasted it to THIS directory, which is where it's supposed to live.  And that worked.  I'm now showing the correct date range in the MCDU when the plane is powered up enough to run it.  (Which is just battery on, APU start.)  Next month, I can do the manual copy/paste to accomplish the same thing, and truth is that it's not that hard, but I'd rather get it right the first time.  So can somebody tell me what folder I'm supposed to point the Navigraph updater to in order for it to NOT use the CRJ Professional folder as shown, but instead to put it here, as I did with my copy and paste.  So I'm good to go until the next AIRAC update.

Ideas?

Please login to display this image.

@KevyKevTPA If you select Microsoft Flight Simulator in the installer it should auto detect the right folder.

If not you need to point it to that directory you just manually pasted the files to. 

@BobbyFuzzy Thanks, I think I've got it setup right, now.  I guess we won't find out until the next update comes down the pike.  I super appreciate everybody's help on this, and at the very least I'm good to go for now!  We'll see what happens when the next cycle comes out.  Freaking FAA and their every 28 days crap, they can't just set this up for once or twice a year??

Archived